Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Tales from the Employed!

It's official, I am rejoining the workforce. Today I accepted a position at Fidelity Investments as the Executive Secretary for the Life Insurance Division. I have been dreaming of working at Fidelity for years and I am thrilled to be working in the same building as my mom and many other family friends.

This was a difficult decision because I was fully planning on accepting a position at the MS Society as their volunteer coordinator when this offer came out of the blue. I was honored the MS Society was considering me for such an important roll and was devastated when I had to turn them down. Mike and I had a very long conversation about the pros and cons of both positions, I had many back and forth moments and I lost a lot of sleep about it. In the end, my heart of hearts told me Fidelity was the right decision for us, and while the decision was bittersweet, I am very excited to embark on this new adventure.

My first day will be October 4 so I still have a few weeks to myself. I have been keeping extremely busy with The Sharing Place's annual Colors of Life fundraiser, as well as organizing my basement, going toe to toe with my CPA over an unfair and outlandish charge (which I won by the way), and tying up all the loose ends of our lives. This two month break has been the best thing I have ever done for myself and I am excited to get back into an 8-5 day! I will miss the Price is Right and my pajamas though. :)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Love pajamas! Congrats on the new job! Let's go to lunch before you start work!

Linds Forrest said...

Oh my crap Price is Right is so good huh?!

Congrats on the job! That is exciting!!

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

congrats Lauren! that is exciting and even better that you still have some time to relax. Enjoy it!!!

I AM A DREAMER said...

Congrats!!!

hannie bailey said...

I am so suprised per our last convo.. but can't wait for the rest of the story cuz I know it will be good! I am so happy for you, but sad that there will be no more morning or mid day appts! JK!

I AM A DREAMER said...

Congrats!! Two great offers... Good things happening for you pretty lady!