Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

2 months down, 8 to go!

As of today I am amazingly 8 and a half weeks and I can't bellieve how incredible this experience has been. While I have been sick at night thanks to my prenatal and have experienced intense hunger and fatigue, every symptom I have experienced has been mild in comparrison to the emotional and physical toll of IVF and I feel so blessed and honored to be pregnant and to be growing our little one. I look back on this journey and while every minute of those three years was heartbreaking, I am in awe of the friends and family members who have stood behind us, at the lessons we have learned and at the growth our relationship has experienced because of this trial. I can't believe I am finally going to be a mama to Baby Ricci and I cannot wait for all of the lessons, joy, love, strength and humility I know motherhood will entail. I really can't put into words the elatement both Mike and I have and we are truly humbled by the fact that in a short 8 months we will be a family of three. Our hearts couldn't be more full of love for our child and we can't wait to share our lives with them and be able to teach them and learn from them for the rest of our lives. It truly is an honor and a privilege and I am cherishing every moment of this pregnancy, vomitting and all...

When Mike and I first embarked on this baby journey, I couldn't help but buy baby stuff from places like Baby Steals and Costco because I would tell myself, "Baby Ricci is coming and it will be nice to be so prepared.  Plus, it's SUCH a good deal!"  Initially I went a little crazy and we wound up with an entire closet of baby gear. 
After my first round of IVF in which I hyperstimulated, I stopped buying things and after my miscarriage I decided to start giving things away and selling the items I had acquired on KSL.com just to get them out of my house.  Them being there, even if they were in an upstairs closet, was still a reminder of the pain that encompassed my heart and the hole the loss of baby Ricci had put in my soul.

Well now that I am 2 months along and the end of progesterone shots and the first trimester are in sight, I decided I needed to celebrate with an official Baby Ricci gift.  Not a gift that I bought in anticipation of WHEN I would become pregnant but a baby gift for the actual baby that is growing inside of me.  The other day I got the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalogue and immediately fell in love with a Nordstom Exclusive Petunia Picklebottom bag.  Not only did I love what it looked like, but it was on major sale.  Luckily my mom has a Nordstrom card so I was able to shop early and order my Baby Ricci bag(s). 

I wasn't sure which bag I would like better, so I actually ordererd two different styles knowing I will return one of them.  I like the purse looking one better but the reviews were better for the boxy backpack.  I can't wait to see them in person and start really planning for Baby Ricci!

UPDATE: I chose to keep the satchel and absolutely love it!  Can't wait to have actual baby stuff to put in it :)






Also, I am a little crazy so I talked my Dr. into doing another ultrasound tomorrow and hopefully I will have an update and a new picture to share tomorrow :)

Happy Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting and wonderful. I really hope you can manage the sick stuff and t passes. I'm so thrilled for you!

BriAnn said...

Lauren! You're totally not crazy, you should be blessed with an ultrasound once a week for all the pain you've gone through!!

I had a hart time trying out prenatals, but I started with and ended up going back to the GNC prenatal pack. It really helped me with nausea, I felt like I had more energy at the beginning when I was pooped all the time, and helped me feel 'normal.' Good luck to you! So excited for you! :)