Mike left for France for 5 weeks the day we had our 20 week ultrasound and while I was so glad he was able to be there, I was sad he wasn't going to be here for any of the big changes I knew would be happening to Parker and I while he was gone. So to make sure he didn't forget and could experience my pregnancy half way across the world, I made a video of our 20 week ultrasound and set it to one of my favorite songs "Small Bump" by Ed Sheeran. It still brings tears to my eyes to watch the miracle that is pregnancy and our son. I especially love that we caught him sucking his thumb.
Parker has been an amazing little guy who didn't move much until about 4 weeks ago, and even now he spends most of his time sleeping unless he needs to adjust (must take after his daddy). We have had quite a few ultrasounds of him but haven't been able to get very many pictures of his face because he is a bit shy and doesn't like to look at the camera. He also tends to face inward and keep his fist up by his face, so it's hard to get a good profile shot of him. The few times we have seen him though melts my heart. He appears to have my nose and lips and we have been told a couple of times that he has a lot of hair. Here is a picture from a 4-D ultrasound a few weeks ago. His face is a bit smooshed against the sac so he looks a bit distorted and someone told me he looked like Shrek talking on a cell phone but I think he is absolutely perfect.
I may be biased but I know he is going to be one beautiful/handsome little guy. We can't wait to meet him and see what he looks like on the outside. Here are a few more pics; we just can't get enough of him... We really are so blessed to be having this little man join our family in a short 6 weeks.
Here are some stats as of late...
How far along? 34 weeks...getting close!
Total weight gain/loss: Give or take 23 pounds
Maternity clothes? I still wear a couple of regular shirts but I am having to buy even bigger maternity pants because he is getting so big and sits so low that they are beginning to rip. I am currently living in my sweats,, much to the chagrin of my husband. I definitely am looking forward to being back in my regular clothes.
Stretch marks? Nope, thank goodness!
Sleep: Depends on the night. I am waking up 2-3 times a night and sometimes can't get back to sleep. I am also having to sleep in a fortress of pillows in order to become comfortable.
Best moment this week: We started our child birth class on Saturday and it makes it seem so close! I have also started to remove tags and start setting things up that we will use as soon as he gets here and my aunt Teena spoiled him with some adorable Gap clothes.
Miss Anything? I have been seriously craving sushi and a bottle of wine or some saki. I also really miss my old clothes, being able to walk instead of waddle and the flexibility and mobility I had before I got pregnant and not having to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes.
Movement: All the time. He has a pretty set schedule and tends to move a lot at night and after I eat or drink something. I love feeling him move until ge gets in my ribs, which is where he likes to be lately.
Food cravings: Pasta especially fettucini alfredo and Olive Garden; I swear I could eat it every day. Also loving gummy bears or any kind of chewy candy, green apples, garlic bread, Kraft cheese in the individual sleeves, water, marshmallow Santas, cinnamon hearts, salads, etc.. I think it depends on the day though.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think this has been my best trimester with the headaches and feeling sick. I think the only thing that irritates me is the smell of whiskey or scotch and my nose is a lot more sensitive so I smell things around the house Mike can't, hence why I cleaned the entire fridge and freezer yesterday, am having the carpets cleaned (again), have a million plug-ins and am going to clean the washing maching tonight.
Have you started to show yet: Yes and I hear, "oh you are REALLY pregnant now", "getting close, only a couple more weeks right?" or things about how big my belly is, my inability to bend over and how slow I am now walking. At least I feel that my belly in the only place I have gained... (at least that's what I tell myself)
Belly Button in or out? It's still in but barely
Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing them but they are starting to get super tight and leave indents in my fingers
Happy or Moody most of the time: I think this has been my best trimester with headaches so I have been feeling really good. Still freak out when I am hungry (sorry Mike) and have had a couple meltdowns when my body aches or I am overwhelmed but for the post part I feel I am pretty happy and am just anxious for our little guy to get here.
Finally, for those who didn't get our Christmas card, here is an electronic copy of it. Hope you all had as wonderful Christmas as our little family of three did (minus Mike being struck with a bout of stomach flu Christmas eve and being diagnosed with diverticulitis a week prior)






1 comment:
I can not believe how fast that has gone! I hope you are enjoying everything and doing wonderful! The journey felt so long and now just a few weeks away from being a mom! The best gift ever! I am super jealous but so happy that you are experiencing it all! You deserve it! Keep updating! I cant wait to see what you have done in the nursery!
Post a Comment