So Mike and Drew headed down to Vegas this weekend for some boys time. Drew comes from a family of NBA trainers so anytime Drew gets some free tickets to sporting events Mike and Drew pack up and go for some quality time together. They are the best of friends and I love the funny phone calls I get while they are gone and the stories they tell when they get back. They still talk about the Seahawks game they went to last year like it was yesterday. Andy really is the most amazing friend and I know he is going to be in our lives forever. I truly cherish his and Mike's platonic love for one another along with the friendship he and I share. He is like the big brother I never had.
Anyway, this weekend it was the beginning of summer camp for the Nuggets along with Drew's birthday so off to Vegas they went. The weekend didn't start off well for Mike, as he got a speeding ticket on the way down but they didn't let it damper their spirits and were enjoying cocktails at the pool by 3 pm, while I unfortunately was still working. He made up for it though by surprising me with a coffee and roses in the morning and booking me a massage at Sanctuary Day Spa that evening. I was really in need of a massage and it was wonderful!
After the massage Laura invited me over for some girl time and to watch So You Think You Can Dance. She is a wonderful friend and always makes sure I have something to do when Mike is away. She takes really good care of me in any situation and I appreciate it more than she knows. Since she was still in Sandy when I finished up with my massage I decided I would run the three miles to her house. The only problem with that is that the only way to get there is via State Street. Well, I was up for the challenge even though she kept trying to talk me out of it by telling me to go for a run and then drive over. She was more worried about me than Mike was! I personally enjoy having a destination to run to so I decided to just go for it. What an experience that was! I don't think I will be running down State Street at 8 in the evening ever again. There were so many weirdos walking down the street, strange smells and creepy cat calls. YUCK! It felt great to finally make it over to Laura's and we had a good time just chatting and talking to the boys from Vegas. Drew kept calling Laura to rub in the fact that they were getting the VIP treatment at Club Rain while we were sitting on the couch in our pajamas. I personally enjoyed the down time with my bestest since I have been so busy lately. Thanks for making me eat wheat bread and for letting me fall asleep on your couch. I love ya bunches!
Saturday morning came way too quickly because we had a wedding to get to by 10 am. Although the day started early it was completely worth it. The wedding, bride, groom, bridesmaids, decor, location and everything in between was absolutely stunning. Every little detail was so simple yet so thoughtful and classic and wasn't like any other wedding I had ever seen. They decided to do a brunch and mimosas for their guests which was such a fun idea and so different. Everything was truly perfect. I had such a great time and was really glad I was able to share in Erin and Brandon's special day with my girls and Seth-la. I did miss my hubby though :-(
After the wedding we headed to The Trolley, which I just love. It's like our real life cheers bar where everybody knows your name. It was nice just to sit with the girls and Seth and catch up since we have all been so busy lately. Around 4 Laura had to go so her and I took off and I ran to the video store to rent the first season of Project Runway. Unfortunately neither Blockbuster or Red Box had it so I just came home, had a bowl of cereal and crawled into bed with the dogs and watched Trading Spaces. Although it was a low key night it was a nice way to end the day.
Since I had gone to bed so early on Saturday night, I was up at 6 am today. I decided to try and be useful instead of wasting the day in bed so I embarked on a day of cleaning. We have a list we have been trying to complete for the past two weeks so I started on that and to my surprise, I got most of it done. I scrubbed the bedroom from top to bottom, steamed our dust ruffle which seriously took 2 hours, vacuumed the entire basement, cataloged our donations to the Friends of MS, cleaned and organized the bathroom, ironed and changed the bedding on both the guest bed and our bed, tried to change a light bulb (both the bulb and the light cover broke so I couldn't change it), did the dishes, organized, cleaned the kitchen and did some laundry. I think this has to be the most productive I have been for myself in quite some time and it feels good to finally be able to check things off our list!
Now I am just waiting for the boys to get home. They just called and said they are driving through Orem so they shouldn't be too much longer. Mike also told me he has a surprise for me so I will let you know what it was tomorrow! Sorry for the long boring post but I am all cleaned and tv-ed out. Hope you all had a good weekend too!
2 comments:
Hey lady! I am excited to see you in a few weeks. Can I sit with you at the wedding? Thanks.
So when you ask them what went down; and they say, "What happens in Vegas....", there will not be any cause for concern?
Post a Comment