Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I am a VICTIM!

So this morning I went out to my car to leave for word and noticed that my glove compartment was open and some notepads from my center console were on the passenger seat. Not really thinking too much about it, I called Mike and asked if he had gotten into my car this morning. He said he hadn’t so I started looking around to see if anything was missing. Sure enough, my car had been broken into during the night! My car is usually parked in the garage but because we are getting new carpet today, we had moved it out into the driveway in order to put stuff into the garage. I guess when I put some stuff into in last night I had forgotten to lock it back up, which is strange because 99% of the time I lock it up, even when it is secure in the garage. The same thing happened when I was 18 and I left the sliding glass door in my apartment unlocked ONE time and awoke that night with a man perched next to my bed. Seriously!!!

Anyway, they stole my make-up bag full of every piece of make up I own, Mike’s new Reef sandals that had just come in the mail yesterday and some Victoria’s Secret items I had in the very back. Oddly enough, they didn’t steal the GPS unit that was on the windshield, mine or Mike’s sunglasses or the I-pod dock that was sitting in the back seat, which leads me to believe it was some teenage girls who didn’t really know what they were after. It’s just so frustrating because it’s not a big enough claim to put on my insurance but it is still about $400.00 worth of stuff. More than anything it’s just annoying that I have to go and replace my make up essentials but won’t have time to do that until tomorrow night. Guess I will be going au natural until then, YIPPEE!

I guess the silver lining to all this is that they didn’t do any damage to the car, I had brought my purse and I-pod inside and that American Express will potentially replace anything that was purchased within the last 90 days. Since both the sandals and the Victoria’s Secret stuff was purchased no more than 2 weeks ago, I most likely will only have to replace the make up. It really could have been a lot worse! I have learned my lesson though and will no longer be leaving anything valuable in my car.

Don’t forget to lock your doors!!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Tbat stinks! At least they didn't break anything. I couldn't wait that long to get new make-up. You are brave!

Ashley and Paul said...

that sucks so bad my love. i had my car window bashed in last year and my MAC taken too. It is so expensive to replace all at once. In fact I am going to Target today to replace my Camera....

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

That is so awful At least they didn't take your car. Interesting fact: if you car is stolen and the police find it YOU the victim have to pay the impound fee - and the police don't even give you time to go pick up the car before they impound it. Sadly we know from experience. We miss you big red machine.