Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Knowledge is power!

As I mentioned, I have been reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It seriously has changed my entire mindset and renewed my hope that we will have a baby without medication. While I am still waiting and waiting for those two pink lines to appear, I am feeling a lot more in tune with myself, my hormones, my crazy days and what my body is doing. For everyone who is and isn't trying to start a family, I highly recommend this book and the software is a MUST. The whole temperature taking, charting and coverline stuff the book discusses can be confusing and make the whole process seem like a lot of work. Luckily the software does everything for you so all you have to do is take your temp, notice the signs your body is giving you and relax! Also, the book is about 500 pages but 1/2 of it is appendixes and the crucial information (for me anyway) was from about 52-115. So while it seems overwhelming, it can definitely be simplified.

Sample Software Chart

Now I am normally a far cry from turning my back on modern medicine, reading self help books and choosing organic but I am just amazed at the things Dr.'s don't know regarding infertility, how prevalent it truly is and how taking your body into your own hands can be so empowering. After we finally do have a baby, I plan to use this method as my birth control because I don't want to go back to pumping mood altering hormones into my body or surgically implanting something inside of me again. As annoying as charting and taking my temperature every morning is, it's a lot easier than all the side effects birth control pills have. Hopefully this knowledge will lead to a Baby Ricci soon but if not, at least I am feeling more in control than I have for months. I hope this information is as helpful to you as it has been for me and if you have any other tips or fertility knowledge, I am all ears!

4 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

It makes me want to read the book and we definitely don't want kids right now. That sounds so harsh, eventually of course we do... just not know. :) Glad you are feeling more strong through this time.

Ben and Brittney said...

I want to read this book just for the knowledge. You are a very strong person Lauren. Thanks for sharing!

Halaufia's said...

I LOVE that book! It clarifies a womens body and the changes we go through form month-to-month! I am so glad you are enjoying the empowerment of knowledge!

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

I have heard amazing things about this book. I didn't know it came with software too. I looked online for charts when we just started TTC Mason and all the charts were confusing to me. Software would makie it much easier.
I loved seeing you last night. The second Tuesday of each month can't come fast enough.