Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Useless Room isn't useless anymore!

After lots of looking, conversations, fabric samples and shopping days, we have finally purchased a couch for the useless/Christmas tree room. We have “almost” bought a couch for that room plenty of times, but something always seems to hold us back. Mike and I aren’t great at conceptualizing design ideas and have a hard time picking colors that aren’t brown, blue or beige. After perusing through a Pottery Barn catalogue, I fell in love with this loveseat.


I ordered fabric swatches months ago and we decided on the above metal color (it's lighter in person and is a washed linen/cotton), but for some reason we just couldn’t commit. After a design consultation with Four Chairs Furniture, a store I absolutely love, we finally got the courage to purchase the couch I have been pining over. It won’t be delivered until September but I am excited to know that we can enjoy Christmas in that room this year with some seating and it will no longer look like we just moved in. I am also really excited to finally use a rot iron end table my mom gave me that I absolutely love.

I know it’s just a couch but it’s a huge accomplishment in our lives. Now on to looking for a bookshelf, a coffee table, some colorful pillows and knick knacks to fill up the room, add life and make it much more than “useless”. Happy decorating to us!

2 comments:

Malerie said...

Oooh I love it! How exciting!

Linds Forrest said...

That's awesome! I think you have excellent design choice! And I am so jealous you are going to Trinidad and for a wedding. So fun!!