Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

This is what music means to me...

As I was searching for Adele's beautiful song "Someone Like You" I ran across this quote and had to share...

"There’s nothing quite like the feeling when you are listening to a song written by someone you don’t know, by someone you have never met, who somehow manages to describe how you felt at a particular moment of your life. If you have ever had a broken heart, you are about to remember it now"

There are certain songs that steal my heart, heal my soul and keep my secrets like nothing else can. They transport me back to moments in my life when I was elated, when I was broken, when I was numb and when I was overwhelmed with love. Some say smell is the strongest sense but to me, it is the lyrics that give me goosebumps and send chills down my spine that move me and remind me of moments I have hidden away. Music is part of my existence and allows me to feel my raw emotions. It gives me life and without this artform and without the words people are bravely willing to share, my life would be just a little bit dimmer. Here is one of my all-time favorite songs...

Enjoy.

1 comment:

I AM A DREAMER said...

That was really well written Lauren! I totally agree with what you said. I have felt exactly that but have never put it into words so eloquently. Love you!