This year 11.11.11 was more than just recognizing such a cool date and remembering and honoring the veterans who serve our country, it was also about celebrating Miguel's 30th birthday! I have known that his 30th was going to fall on 11.11.11 and a Friday for a few years so this party is something I have wanted to do for a while. My cute friend Danielle's husband Clint (who is also a Sigma Chi) also turned 30 a few days before Mike so we decided to have a combined party. We hosted it at our friend Trace's bar The Bourbon House, and we had a fabulous time! Mike and I have been incredibly busy this year so we haven't been able to see people as much as we would like so it was great to celebrate this fun day with some of our dearest friends. Mike also wanted to give back to the Veterans on his birthday so instead of gifts, we asked people to donate money to the Wounded Warriors Project as a small token of our appreciation. My need to give back to others is finally rubbing off on Mike. :)



The Party Planners and the Birthday Boys!
The Jones and Kigers
The Sig Boys- Jeremy, Coon, Clint, Mike, Harm, Justin and Flounder
Chris and Matt some of the best friends we could ask for!
Han and Lo
Meagan and Kipp
Faux sister wives and the best managers a girl could have!
Mike, Justin and Drewcifer
Cute EX wives and soon to be. Love these girls and the few that are missing.
Danielle and I, and of course Coon being annoying/awesome in the back
Raxel, Annie and Danielle
Miss Annie and Danielle
There were a lot more people there but halfway through the night I forgot I had a camera. I promise to be better at the EX Alumni Schlumni Party.
Since it was Mike and Clint's 30th, we decided to splurge on some cakes by Kristin's Kakery (can be found on Facebook). Our men love them some football so it was a natural choice for them. I think they turned out INCREDIBLE and the boys loved them. Can you guess which one is Mike's?
Overall the party was great and Mike had a wonderful time celebrating the big 3-0! The parties continued for a couple weeks and he was spoiled rotten by his family and mine by getting brand new powder skis, bindings and a home cooked meal from his mom every 30th day of the month until he is 31. We really are blessed to have such generous and thoughtful families.
I realized as I was decorating for the party that Mike's 23rd birthday party was where Mike and I really fell for each other and it's been a great ride ever since. I keep hearing that your 30's are the best years of your life and I look forward to experiencing them with the man I love more than anything and continuing our journey together.
Happy birthday Be! I love you more than words could say.
Slowly but surely, more posts to come...






1 comment:
It was a good time, and so cool that it fell on 11.11.11. 30 years ago at conception, I doubt the Riccis were planning that...
OH GROSS!!!
xo, love ya!
Post a Comment