Since I have been feeling pretty down lately I decided to update my Facebook status once (sometimes twice) a day for the month of November so I can remind myself of all the good things I have in my life. I normally try to look on the brightside in all situations but following my heartbreaking IVF cycle, I have had trouble being appreciative of everything and everyone who have been an intregal part of my life and journey. I am hoping that writing down all the people and things I appreciate will allow me to reflect on the amazing life I am blessed to live and be a positive way to deal with the grief and loss I am currently feeling. So here it goes...
November 1st- Today I am thankful for The Sharing Place and everyone in my teen group for healing my soul and being my support during this trial.
November 2nd-
Today I am grateful for Starbucks which gets me through my day more often than I should admit.
November 3rd- Today I am grateful for a comfortable bed, a hot shower, a roof over my head and a reliable car.
November 4th- Today I am grateful for some much needed bestie time and a break from work with Whitney Houser.
November 5th- Today I am grateful for a hardworking and dedicated husband who got called into work at 3:00 am and who is still working now. Today I am also thankful for my sister wife Miss
Annie and my faux nephews. Can't wait to celebrate Mr. Cole's 4th birthday!!!
November 6th- Today I am grateful for a strong, healthy, satisfying and fun marriage. I feel very blessed to spend every day with my best friend and love of my life.
November 7th-
Today I am grateful for the mistakes I have made and the lessons I have learned from them. I wouldn't be who I am without my past. Today I am also thankful for miss Hannie for keeping me beautiful inside and out.
November 8th- As difficult as it has been, today I am grateful for my infertility struggle. It has taught me strength, compassion, humility, patience, reminded me who my true friends are and has shown me what unconditional love truly is.
November 9th-
Today I am grateful that it's hair day and that someone invented hair dye to keep my gingerness under wraps.
Also Happy Birthday Miss Sawyer bug! I am definitely grateful for you and you are the cutest one year old I know and I adore your snuggles. You have brought so much love and joy to so many around you and we look forward to many years watching you grow and developing that sassy personality of yours! Love ya buggy! (Pics from her perfect first birthday party to come)
November 10th-
Today I am grateful that Mike has taught me how to be financially responsible and that together we are financially stable. It makes for a much happier marriage!
November 11th- Happy 30th birthday to my smart, sexy, hardworking, funny and incredible hubby! Today and everyday I am grateful he chose me and I am looking forward to seeing what the next decade of his life brings us. Love ya be!
November 12th- Today I am grateful for these two. They are my world...
November 13th- Grateful for those who donated to the Wounded Warrior Project for Mike and Clint's birthday and extremely grateful to all of the Veterans who give their lives everyday to make our country a safer place to live in. This is only a very small token of our appreciation.
November 14th- After reading this devastating story, I am grateful for my family's safety and for The Sharing Place who is there after tragedies such as these occur. I hope this family finds us
November 15th-
Today I am grateful for travel. Mike and I have been very blessed to visit 11 states and 7 countries in the 7 years we have been together and we are embarking on another journey together this weekend!
November 16th- Today I am grateful for a job that not only provides a paycheck and amazing benefits, but that I absolutely love. It's amazing what loving your job does for your morale!
November 17th- Grateful for a wonderful and successful work trip but am happy I get to see my hubz tomorrow! I miss him when I am gone.
November 21st-
I am really behind on my thankful posts because of some work travel and a weekend trip to San Francisco (more on that later), but I found this "thankful" blog post from last year and after reading it, realized I am still thankful for the same exact things. Life really is amazing when you share it with incredible people, have a job you love and have the most incredible family a girl could ask for. I really am extremely lucky and feel so blessed.
I will keep adding to this post as the month goes on. I hope you all have a great November and you also take the time to remember everything and everyone that is important in your life and share your feelings with those who have and do make a difference in your life.
3 comments:
I love this post and am going to do the same on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!
I really admire your determination to not let your circumstances determine your happiness. I am truly sorry for all the heartbreak and trials you have gone through. You are an inspiration and are helping me to be more grateful. So thanks :)
I have been thinking about you lately.. I hope you are doing better and enjoy the holidays!
Post a Comment