Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Some additional bedroom love...

When Mike and I first moved in together, he had the most AMAZING sheets he had purchased from Overstock.com. They were one of his first big purchases after getting his job at ATK, were 1,000 threadcount and made getting out of bed quite the task. Well after a few moves and a few years, we decided that they weren't the white they used to be and we needed to replace them. We looked high and low for years buying everything from bamboo to silk to cotton and a million things in between, but nothing ever matched up to the softness the first sheets encompassed. About a year ago I found some awesome sheets at Pottery Barn and we thought our search was over. They were super soft, extremely comfortable and I loved the bright white they added to the room. The only downside to them was they were slightly smaller than our bed (which is weird because we have a king and that was the size we bought) so we were always fighting for sheets and when I made the bed, I could only tuck it into one side. Plus they wrinkled super easily so they never felt fresh after the first night's sleep following a wash. Well a few weeks ago we were at our favorite place, Costco, and as we were perusing the aisles, I stopped at a bedding road show. I always feel sheets so I didn't think I would be blown away, but I instantly fell in love with these... 


They are by Jennifer Adams Home and are seriously uh-mazing!!! They are microfiber, have a fantastic stretch and don't wrinkle at all. They really are incredible and I am so thrilled with our purchase. They are pricey online, but we got them for $130.00 and the Costco guarantee! If you are looking for new sheets, I highly recommend. 

Below is the link of all of the road shows of Jennifer Adams.

I have also been looking for and pining for a vanity for our bedroom. I always sit on the floor to blow-dry my hair, leave my make-up everywhere (to Mike's chagrin), and our bathroom vanity is cluttered with my stuff. Well I finally found a vanity that I think will go perfectly in our bedroom. I purchased it via Amazon.com for get this $225 with free 2 day shipping AND free return shipping if needed! It was such a steal I had to buy it. It should arrive early next week and hopefully it's as great in person as it is online. I can't wait to have my own girlie space :)

 On another note, as I was downloading some pictures I found this picture of Mike and I at an event I worked for Fidelity. I have one sexy hubby and am one lucky laday!



3 comments:

Lori said...

Pretty pretty things! We need new sheets. I hope all is well in your life.

I AM A DREAMER said...

Love both of the items you purchased!! Might be in the market for sheets myself. And I have to say good lucking COUPLE. You are both lucky. ;P

Cathy said...

It definitely was Michael who taught us the value of quality sheets. He's lucky to have someone help him find luxuries at bargain prices!