Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I am an American because...

On the 4th Mike and I along with some friends started playing this game called “I am an American because…”. It’s similar to going around the table at Thanksgiving and saying what you are thankful for, only with a twist. Well, Mike and I are American because we have an 1800 square foot house but only ever use the upstairs which consequently turned the downstairs into 900 square feet of storage with a TV. Well, we decided that it was time to make full use of our house so we finally replaced the disgusting carpet that was in the basement and I can’t even begin to tell you the difference it has made. That carpet had seen countless parties, three floods, many dogs and their potty problems and one big dirty hockey player who owned the house before us. I mean, I can't believe we really lived with that poor excuse for flooring for three years!

After the removal of the old carpet, the demolition of our DI chair (which Mike took a hammer and crowbar to), the giving away of the DI couch, and the installation of the new carpet, it feels like a whole different home. The basement is brighter, more open and smells a million times better. Not to mention it doesn’t have rips from the dogs pulling at it, duct tape, or where pieces of carpet got caught in the Dyson (it's a powerful vacuum not made for cheap old carpet).
I love the new carpet and the feeling of it on my bare feet. I can’t wait to paint and get our new couch so we can really start enjoying the downstairs again. I might also save some money on Wallflowers and odor absorbers since I am not trying to cover up weird smells anymore. If you are in need of some new carpet, The Carpet Guy is great. They gave us an amazing price and were so easy to work with!

Here are some pics of the transformation. It was a lot harder to take photos of carpet than I thought it would be so these don't really do it justice. Guess you will have to come over and see (and smell) it for yourself!

Before

Mike working out some aggression on the chair.
A job well done!

After

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New carpet totally rocks! It has changed my life :-) I am happy that you have your whole house now!

Anonymous said...

that anonymous comment was me...someday I will actually learn to use blogger right!
Annie

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

Beautiful! I wish I would have taken before and after of our carpet. Your basement looks great! No more parties in the basement now - well at least no parties with rowdy boys. Two days after we had our new carpet, Bailey the worderdog did a you know what in the basement! He is the worst dog! Especially since he has been housebroken for years. I hope your doggies are better.

I AM A DREAMER said...

Looks wonderful. You have really done some great things with that house. Enjoy!