This year BOTH Bob and Cathy (Mike’s parents) are turning 60 so we decided we needed to celebrate in a BIG way. All Bob and Cathy wanted for their birthday was a weekend out of town with the entire family since it’s pretty difficult to get us all together with how busy we all are and with Steven living in Denver. So, for Labor Day Steven hopped on his motorcycle and the rest of us piled in the family van and drove to Glenwood Hot Springs, Colorado for a weekend full of family time and fun!
I almost didn’t make it on the trip because for the entire week prior I was having sporadic severe and disabling abdominal pain that was making me incredibly nauseous, causing chills and convulsions and was unlike any other pain I had ever experienced. Luckily I have such a wonderful family that made me as comfortable as I could be. I just brought a bunch of pillows, lots of pain pills, some DVD’s and a heat pack and the drive was just as good as being in bed would have been! Plus, I was still able to be with the family on this fun trip.
I almost didn’t make it on the trip because for the entire week prior I was having sporadic severe and disabling abdominal pain that was making me incredibly nauseous, causing chills and convulsions and was unlike any other pain I had ever experienced. Luckily I have such a wonderful family that made me as comfortable as I could be. I just brought a bunch of pillows, lots of pain pills, some DVD’s and a heat pack and the drive was just as good as being in bed would have been! Plus, I was still able to be with the family on this fun trip.
We had a great time relaxing at the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, playing games in our hotel room, finding fun local restaurants to enjoy, exploring caverns and caves, eating ice-cream, roller coaster rides, witty banter and learning new sides of each other (like Cathy and Bob learning that when my throat itches I sound like a duck choking on a Jolley Rancher). It was a very wonderful weekend getaway and we were so glad we were able to help Cathy and Bob start their sixties with love and family. We really had a fabulous time and are looking forward to the next family getaway. Happy birthday to you both! We love ya!
The birthday couple!

Here are some pictures from the weekend!
The whole Ricci clan

The city of Glenwood
Mike finally realizes how short he is :-)
The caves were amazing!

We found this great tiny Italian restaurant that was EXCELLENT!
Me just trying to be artsy.

No comments:
Post a Comment