Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Mike's 27th Birthday Trip!

So, for Mike’s birthday, I surprised him with a trip to Denver to see his brother. I also invited our two bestests Laura and Drew to come along and it was quite the weekend! It was a quick trip but we packed a lot of fun, laughs and memories into those three days. Seriously, there were multiple times that weekend when tears were rolling down my face because I was laughing so hard. We saw a lot of friends who live out there; Steven was an amazing host, even giving up his comfy bed to sleep on a couch and making us breakfast twice and Laura and Drew were great to travel with. We all got along so well, except in the morning when Laura was morning mad. Kidding Sum, you know I love you! Thanks Steven for your very generous hospitality. We had an absolute blast and we can’t wait to come back!

Here are some pics from our fabulous weekend!

Steven is very clever and didn't want to give Mike a gift card for his birthday so instead he bought him a thong, a pink clutch and a necklace he could return for store credit. WITTY!
On Saturday we drove to the New Holland brewery (their most famous is Fat Tire) and took a tour. It was really interesting and it seem like an awesome company to work for.

My three favorite boys.
Drew was in heaven!New Holland prides themselves on being a fun place to work so they have a slide, a Foosball table and other various fun activities to do throughout the day. We all decided to go down it.After New Holland we went to the O'Dell brewery. It seriously took us like 30 minutes to drive to this brewery and it was right next to New Holland. We just couldn't find it!
After our brewery tours, we went and met up with Drew's brother who lives just outside of Denver and then we all went to Finn McCool's, which is a pub right next to Steven's house.

Mah Be and I waiting for the fights to end!

The Denver crew!Sum and MarissaThe Ricci BrothersThe Shimensky BrothersLaura, her friend Val and Val's fiance

When we found out the fights didn't end until 11, we decided to go back to Steven's house.

Mike and Drew found the drums and had a great time making sound effects for EVERYTHING! It was seriously the funniest thing ever... Until these came out! These made my year. Mike skated around all night in these. On Sunday we headed to the Coors Factory and to the Red Rock amphitheatre and then into downtown Denver for some lunch. It was a great way to end such a great weekend.

The Unofficial couple at Coors.
In the tasting room.Laura and I in the tasting room.Mike being a nerd and acutally listening to the tour!The beautiful Red Rock amphitheatre.
Sum and I at Red Rocks
The city of Denver.

1 comment:

Linds Forrest said...

First I love that you say 'bestest' so awesome! What a fun trip!! That is so cute to surprise him for his birthday like that... I may have to steal the idea!!