Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Monday, March 2, 2009

MS Awareness Week!

As many of you know, my dear friend Seth was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis on December 13, 2006 with 13 lesions on his brain only 3 months after marrying the woman of his dreams. Since this date their life has changed drastically and I have seen first hand the toll it has taken not only on their lives, but on the lives of other friends whose parents are also battling MS.


This week is MS Awareness Week and so I am asking you to please copy and paste the icons above to your own blogs or websites in order to spread the word about the fight against Multiple Sclerosis. Over the past year, I have had the honor of volunteering at MS events and meeting some of the most amazing and inspirational people, who have truly moved me. Some can't walk without assistance, some have lost their vision while others are in constant pain. Every person I have met has decided not to let these symptoms decide their path in life, but instead to fight MS and find a cure. These people are given something they cannot change but they wake up every day trying to make one. Please help them make this fight a bit easier by Joining the Movement and dedicating one blog post to this corageous and important battle.

In keeping with MS Awareness Week I want to invite everyone to Join our Walk MS Team! After learning of Seth's diagnosis, we formed The Lucky 13's, in hopes of turning this horrible news and the normally unlucky number 13 into something positive. Last year our team was one of the top Walk MS teams in terms of dollars raised and team members and we hope to have another successful year! This year the walk is on April 11th and I would love to have anyone who would like to join The Lucky 13's team click on The Lucky 13's logo below....

and register to be a member of the Lucky 13's. We always have a great time and it's a fun way to Join the Movement and Fight MS. We would love to have you!!!!

Thanks in advance for all of your support and for making a difference in the lives of those with MS! If you want more information about getting involved, all the Orange move it banners are clickable or you can leave me a comment or email me at LaurenNRicci@gmail.com I am glad to help!

Here are some pics from past events...

The first year of The Lucky 13's-2007 The Second Year of The Lucky 13's- 2008 Jess and I trying to pump up the crowd!The boys having some fun at Walk MS 2008.
We wear it proudly!

Some of the original members and amazing friends!
Trace, Seth, Jess, Mike, Me, Drew and Laura
The captain and her co-captains at The Lucky 13's Poker Tournament

No comments: