I realized I don't think I have ever fully explained what Mike does so I decided I would dedicate a blogpost to my amazing Be and what he does to support us and our future family. Now Miss Annie can explain in much more detail what Mike does, but in a nutshell, he is a tool engineer for ATK. What this means is that he designs tools that assist in the building of aerospace structures. His most current contract is through Airbus who is currently building a composite aircraft, meaning it will be much lighter than normal planes.
For the first 4 years we were together, Mike worked at the Bachus plant, which handled missile construction. They also held the contract for NASA and the space shuttle. About a year and a half ago Mike had the opportunity to move to Clearfield to begin working on the aerospace side. With this move came a promotion to lead tool engineer, a position he has more than excelled at. Now Mike may be humble, but I am not when it comes to him and I just wanted to recognize him for all his hard work (14+hours a day normally). He recently was promoted to Deputy Manager (seriously worst job title ever) but nonetheless it's an important position. He is such a dedicated and hardworking employee and I am so proud of him and everything he has accomplished.
Many have asked if Mike has been ok with the recent layoffs ATK has experiencing and I am happy to say he should be just fine. The layoffs are occurring on the rocket and shuttle division side due to NASA cancelling their contract and Obama cutting back on defense spending. Since Mike is now on the aerospace side, which is booming, he shouldn't be affected. While this doesn't mean his job is 100% secure, we feel pretty confident he will be there for a while. We feel really blessed and looked over that he chose to move to Clearfield when he did and I am thrilled he is finally doing something he loves! So, that is what my hard-working hubby does and I couldn't be more proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment