So after 8 years at Allstate/Wasatch Preferred, one lay-off scare and multiple changes, I have officially resigned and am unemployed for the first time since I was 15. For years I have been afraid of the day when that chapter of my life would close and I would have to look for another career, but to my surprise I only feel relief and empowerment. I finally get to look for a job I want to do and I am excited to see what lies ahead. I have decided that I am going to give myself a few months to find a job I really enjoy and to use my weeks off to complete my never-ending to-do list and to rebalance myself and my priorities. I have been working and stressing myself to my bones for months and the break is not only welcome, but necessary. I am looking forward to finally getting back to the gym, having a clean and organized house, cooking and eating at home, having guests from Cali come stay, seeing friends I haven't had time to see and catching up on all of the things that have been put off for the past nine months. While this means we won't be going on the fabulous Greece trip I blogged about a few posts ago, it was a small price to pay for my sanity.
So here is to being unemployed and figuring out what I really want out of life. To celebrate my newfound freedom, Mike and I booked an impromptu trip to Florida for a family reunion with my dad's side of the family. We have been having a wonderful time sleeping, eating, relaxing and hanging out at the pool and beach with my awesome family. It has been the perfect start to this new journey and we both can't wait to see what new things life holds. Hopefully a little Ricci now that my stress is diminishing :)
4 comments:
Are you still working at The Sharing Place? I remember you saying how great of a fit that was for you since it was something you cared so much about.
I like this quote a lot- "WHAT IS FOR YOU WILL NOT PASS YOU BY."
Enjoy your ME time!
Kate,
I am still working at The Sharing Place and still love it. It's a part time position so I only work there about 9 hours a week but it's what grounds me. I couldn't imagine not being there :)
Thanks!
Wow that is awesome!! Way to go taking charge of your life. Have fun relaxing and having 'you' time!
That's exciting. It sounds like you could really use the break and how fun to hunt for something that you really would love to do instead of feeling pressured to grab the first job that pops up. Good luck!
Post a Comment