Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Things I love about my job...

Being able to go home at 3:30 on a Friday

Overtime pay

A steady paycheck

Incredible benefits

Infertility covered at 100% including In-Vitro

Prenatal care and labor covered at 100%

Acupuncture and Chiropractic care covered at 100%

People my age to converse with

Jeans days

Managers bringing in Banbury Cross donuts just because

Seeing my mom everyday and getting our daily 20 minute talks in person

An actual lunch break

A Starbucks within walking distance

7% match on my 401-K

Free parking at the Gateway

My awesome badge

Working downtown

Being able to go shopping on my lunchbreak

The amazing view from the 6th floor

Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate

My corporate credit card

Being able to plan parties and lunches

Working with so many people who knew my dad

Not feeling guilty when I go on vacation or when I am sick

The decreased stress level

The challenge this new job brings

I have been at my new job for a week and I am loving every second of it. The days go by fast, the people are great and I don't know why I didn't switch to the corporate world sooner! I am sure I am still in the honeymoon phase and the novelty will soon wear off but it's amazing what a change of scenery will do to your morale! It's official, I love my job!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Happy to hear. I believe a good work environment can make ALL the difference. Although, I think my paycheck would end up going pretty fast if I worked that near the Gateway!

Linds Forrest said...

That is so awesome! Congrats!! Maybe you can help me out when we move back next summer. If they are hiring that is. Congrats... especially on all the health insurance stuff. That rocks!

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

I am so happy for you! What a wonderful thing, in so many ways! This is great, Lauren. Congrats! :) You deserve it!

Jen said...

Congrats! Glad you are loving it...you deserve it!

hannie bailey said...

I'm so glad that things have taken such an upswing! You never know until you put yourself out there! I am so happy you took the leap and thrilled that you are in such a good place.

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

So happy to hear it is going well. They are lucky to have you working for them. Some jobs the honeymoon phase never wears off - it happens. I hope that happens for you.

I AM A DREAMER said...

I LOVE all of the perks you have. What a blessing! Congrats!

I AM A DREAMER said...

I LOVE all of the perks you have. What a blessing! Congrats!