Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Eleven...

Joseph Kevin Paul Heim
June 21, 1955-July 18, 2000

11 years ago my life was turned upside down and my heart was broken into pieces. Today I have grown from this experience and put my life back together but a piece of my heart will always be missing. Miss you Dad and I hope you are somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly, problems melt like lemon drops and dreams really do come true.

I used to not be able to listen to this song without bawling because it was played at his funeral. Now I hear it and I can smile because it reminds me of him.

Somewhere Over The Rainbow is a post I wrote in 2008 about things I never wanted to forget about my dad. They brought a smile to my face today, and I hope they bring one to yours too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too remember this day... You have turned your tragedy by blessing the lives of so many others. You are a remarkable woman. Never forget it.

Danielle said...

Thanks for sharing, Lauren. I read your 2008 post and it brought tears to my eyes. Your dad must be so proud of all that you are. What an amazing daughter he has!