Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Craving...

I have always been a spring person; the smell of it delights me, the sight of tree buds intrigues me and the airiness awakens me. The past few years spring has come and gone without much of a presence and I haven’t been able to enjoy it as I once had. This year it has been different, I am craving fall. Maybe it is because I didn’t get to experience spring or maybe it’s because as I grow older I appreciate more that the fall time brings and the magic and allure of a changing season. When I was younger fall meant going back to school and the season of snow. Now fall means hearty soups, college and NFL football season, the vibrant colors of the changing leaves, a crispness in the air, Halloween décor, brown boots, nights cuddled up with mah be and the doggies next to the fire, peacoats, pumpkin carving, cardigans, tailgating, Mike's 30th birthday, cozy sweaters, caramel Brule lattes, scarves, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, the return of my shows, deep colors and the beginning of the holiday season. I am impatiently awaiting the change from summer to fall and I can’t wait until the temperature drops and it finally feels like autumn. Is it October yet? because I am craving you…

1 comment:

Malerie said...

The last few days, the air has felt crisper and I have also been getting little fluttery excitements for fall. Although, I hear the winters here are pretty harsh, so I may be in for a rude awakening! That's why I missed seasons so much in San Diego. You're always ready for the next. Enjoy Fall!