5 years ago I said "I do" to my best friend and 5 years later, I love him more than the day I married him. We have been faced with some trials, have experienced some amazing places together, have grown to appreciate the other person more than we ever thought possible and have fallen more in love with each other with each passing day. While this year has been full of heartache as we have tried to bring Baby Ricci into this world, this difficult time has actually brought us closer together and strengthened our unbreakable bond. We truly know that the past 5 years of laughter, pain, friendship, experiences and memories has deepened our love for one another and we have become a better couple, better individuals and will be better parents because of the time we have been able to spend together and the hardships we have overcome as one. I really love this man and feel blessed to know that each day I wake up is another day I get to spend with him. Love is truly an amazing thing...
For our 5 year anniversary, Mike went over and beyond and it was by far the best anniversary we have ever had. We spent the day in Midway just enjoying the beautiful scenery and one another and the night at the Zermatt spa. We discovered the small town of Midway, ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant Tarahumara, took a ride up the canyon into the Wasatch Mountains where we decided we want to own a cabin someday and watched our wedding video, a tradition we started on our first anniversary. We then spent Sunday on the Homestead golf course and while I played horribly, I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. It was nice to have some time just being us and we couldn't have asked for a better anniversary. We are looking forward to many more years, memories and anniversaries together and look forward to what year 5 has to bring...
For some reason I was obsessed with these and they were everywhere!
I love looking at these photos and remembering the bliss we had as we became husband and wife. It really was a perfect day.






1 comment:
Happy anniversary! It's so wonderful to be married to your best friend! Congrats on five years!
Post a Comment