Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Holy War...

So I have been completely behind when it comes to blogging about events in our lives so I am doing a few catch up posts even though these fun times happened MONTHS ago! The first, the HOLY WAR between Utah and BYU.

Since we knew if the Utes won this game they would be heading to either the Fiesta Bowl or the Sugar Bowl we decided to go big. Our entire group got together and rented an RV to tailgate all day in, which was a blast! Mike and I decided we would pick it up Friday and head up to the U with the dogs to spent the night in order to make sure it didn’t get towed. It was a good thing we headed up on Friday because we got the last good tailgating spot! I guess everyone else had the same idea as we did.

Saturday morning everyone came early and we started the tailgate off with breakfast and Bloody Mary’s. Harm and Mike had figured out a way to get satellite into the RV so they set up a TV so the boys could watch the other games being played that day while the girls played with baby Cole and caught up. By lunchtime we had a big group of Sigma Chi’s and other friends tailgating with us and it was a ton of fun! Finally game-time came so we all headed over to the Rice Eccles, while those who didn’t have tickets took refuge in the RV and kept the party going.

Mike, Coon and Albrecht in the RV

Bart and Connor

Mike and I before the game.Harm and baby Cole, our youngest Ute fan! (Thanks for letting me steal this pic Annie)The girls before the game
Sam, Sum and I at the tailgateSum and ICombe and I

The game was a blast and it was great to finally see Brian Johnson deliver against BYU in a big way! We needed this win and he knew it and came through. We had a great time at the game eating corndogs, searching for Churros, meeting Shauna Lake in the bathroom, drinking hot chocolate and routing on our Utah Utes! It was a game and a day Mike and I will not soon forget and we loved being able to share it with some great friends. The fact that it was a major BYU butt kicking was also a major plus. (Sorry Jenny and Neldon).

The AlbrechtsGame time!I think this is my favorite picture of Harm I took all season!Tyson, Bart and CombeIn the bathroom after meeting Shauna LakeRachel and JennMike and I at the gameThe BillsRachel and AnnieOur whole crew! I don't know where Mike got that sign though! I love this picture of the Albrechts Mike and I after they WON!
After the game we headed back to the RV, where we celebrated the Utah win! We seriously had 30 people crammed into that RV and it reminded me of a party at the Sigma Chi house. Ahh memories! Mike and I along with a couple others and the dogs ended up spending another evening in the Utah parking lot and finally packed up and headed home Sunday morning. It was a fabulous way to end the season and will cherish the memories we made with this great group for years to come! Love you Season Ticket crew!

3 comments:

Jenny B said...

Thanks for the shout out....Don't let Neldon know, but the Utes came to play the whole game and BYU didn't. Oh well, there is always next year! Go Cougars!!!!!

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

Cute pic's. I love the one with Justin and Coon. They look like a couple. Can't wait till next year, that is if you are here.

Linds Forrest said...

Sounds so fun to rent a RV and all that. Next year BYU will win! ;) Glad you had so much fun!!