This past weekend Mike and I hopped on a plane to visit some family in Cali. We started our trip by visiting my aunt, uncle and cousins in Westlake Village, which we have been trying to do for quite some time. On top of finally getting to go visit, we happened to choose a weekend my Dad’s dad and his wife Nancy from Florida were also going to be there. This was really exciting because I haven’t seen them since before my dad’s death in 2000 and I was really anxious to see him and introduce him to Mike. My aunt Teena decided to keep my visit a surprise so we arrived Friday night and shocked the hell out of him! PRICELESS!
It was a relaxing, fun weekend and I had a great time spending time with them, laughing, getting to know my cousins better, drinking wine, playing tiles, shedding a few tears and reconnecting with my Dad’s side of the family. I just wish my dad was there. He has such an amazing family and it’s so unfair that he doesn’t get to be a part of these wonderful times or that I have gone through so many important things in my life without my Dad. I miss him more than I could ever say and wish nothing more than to have him back in my life. It just sucks…
I am blessed to have such a wonderful support system though and I am determined to keep the relationships with his family open more than I have because it’s really my only connection to him and who he was. It was awesome to walk around Teena’s house and see his face smiling back at me like he was there and to be able to talk openly about him. I really need to get some more pictures of him in my house so I can have that feeling every day.
Sorry for the soapbox, here are some pics from with my fam from the weekend.
Hary, Erin, Taylor, Jim, Grandpa, Teena, Nancy, Mike and Me!

Me and my gorgeous cousin Taylor
My cute Grandpa and I
My cute Grandpa and I
Tay and Erin on the party boat
Teena and I
Harry is the funniest kid I know!
Erin, Harrison and Nana
My favorite obnoxious cousin :-) This turned into a running joke after we called him Obnoxious and he made a skit out of being the Obnoxious king! Seriously, so funny.
After a short visit with my fam we drove to Mike’s Grandpa’s house in Orange to visit with him for a bit. He is such a cute funny man and it was great to see him in such good health. We also were able to see Mike’s aunt, uncle and cousin and it was fun just to check in with them.
Teena and I
Harry is the funniest kid I know!
Erin, Harrison and Nana
My favorite obnoxious cousin :-) This turned into a running joke after we called him Obnoxious and he made a skit out of being the Obnoxious king! Seriously, so funny.
After a short visit with my fam we drove to Mike’s Grandpa’s house in Orange to visit with him for a bit. He is such a cute funny man and it was great to see him in such good health. We also were able to see Mike’s aunt, uncle and cousin and it was fun just to check in with them. Mike and Grandpa
Mike and Barbara who sadly broke her wrist in Hawaii just days before :-(
Overall the trip was far too short but we are already planning another trip when we can stay a bit longer and I can’t wait!
3 comments:
WOW! What a great trip...Your family is amazing and your father has been with you every step of your life...he hasn't missed out on one opportunity with you! He is such a lucky father to have you as his daughter and he is saving a place for you when you reunite!
You have such an incredible family and I am glad you had the time to spend with them!
What an awesome trip! That is so awesome you got to be around your Dad's family and connect with them. My husband loves to be around family and friends of his Mom for the same reason of feeling more connected to her, in your case him. You look so pretty in your pictures!! Hope all is well!
Way cool! I am glad you have that link in the chain to keep him alive in you. Definitely you should get some really cool photos, then frame them and do a cool collage or something on one of your walls. You have plenty of those now! Love you... been thinking about you tons. ;)
Post a Comment