Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Easy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas

I got this yummy chicken enchilada recipe from my Grandma and thought I would share it with ya’ll since I am always looking for new recipes. It’s super easy and great as leftovers. I will warn you though, if you add the jalapenos it is spicy! I have also found that using the Costco rotisserie chicken makes it simpler because then you don’t have to cook the chicken and it’s easier to shred. I hope you enjoy!


Easy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
-4 cups shredded chicken or 5 cups cubed chicken
-1 can chicken broth (about 1 ¼ cups)
-2 cans cream of chicken soup
-3 green onions, chopped
-8-10 small tortillas corn or flower
- 1 lb shredded Colby jack cheese, divided into 2 portions
-1/2 cup salsa
- 4 oz can of sliced jalapenos or green chilies (depending on how spicy you want them)
-sour cream and Cholula for garnish

Cook chicken breasts and remove any bones or skin. Chop meat. In a large bowl, combine broth, soup, onions and either jalapenos or green chilies to make a sauce. If you like spice, add some Cholula to the sauce. Mix together. Dip tortillas in the sauce. Fill tortillas with a spoonful of chicken and spoonful of cheese. Roll up and place in a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.

Pour extra sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle remaining cheese over all. Spoon salsa over cheese. Bake at 350 until hot and bubbly (20-25 minutes).

3 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

mmm... those sound good! Thanks for your recipe!

Halaufia's said...

look great! i hope you are well, adjusting to your new digs...I am so happy for you! We can't wait to see you!
Loves chica!

Justin said...

Lauren you should read the later post on the Billes last blog post!