Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This is why...


Spending this week with my adorable cousins has made me reflect on the incredible desire I have to be a mom and how much I can't wait for Mike to be a daddy. People ask me if I am really ready, tell me to enjoy my marriage without kids, and say "you are so young, you will have kids the rest of your life, why are you in such a rush?". The reason is because what I crave is not vacations to exotic locales or date nights but for the moments when a child sits on my lap or curls up on me and falls asleep and I feel complete. I genuinely enjoy watching children discover new things and all the magic that comes along with their new discoveries. I also love how pure a child's hug is, their infectious laughs, their unconditional love, their innocence and their complete trust in the world. I am beyond ready for the sleepless nights, the fingerpainted rooms, the tantrums and the other crazy stuff kids do because of all the good things and wonderful experiences a child will bring to our life. I can't wait to feel my baby kick for the first time, to rock our baby to sleep and just marvel over them, to spend the days making cookies, drawing, teaching and playing or for the nights Mike, me and our child get to cuddle up with popcorn and watch a movie. There are so many moments I dream about with Mike and our future Baby to Be and I just keep hoping my prayers will be answered soon. I guess this baby is just as stubborn as their Mommie! :)

4 comments:

Keyle said...

You are too cute! Such a great writer! YOu need to write a book :) I hope it comes soon Lauren, Best of luck to you and Mike. Just be patient, your time will come. Love ya girl!

Mary said...

You are going to be a marvelous mom Lauren! Just keep faith that it will happen soon. I know it will for you! Not to mention how beautiful your kiddos will be. Just rest, relax, and enjoy planning for your amazing future with your babies.

lauren said...

Hi Lauren, I have been reading your blog for some time now and have never commented on your post, but I could not help myself today. I have also been trying to get pregnant and no luck. I love reading your blog! Its people like you who keep me going! Its nice to know we are not alone!

Casey, Annie, Brooklyn, Paige and Casey 5 said...

You have so much love to give...you're goona be a great momma!