Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Moving on...

I read this on a friend's blog today and it felt as thought the words were ripped from my soul. Therefore I had to post it.

"I’ve slowly realized over the past few months I’ve been holding on tightly to a rope that no one is on the other side of. It makes me sad when I think about good times that won’t be relived or revisited. I know someday that I will be happy to know that they happened.

I’m slowly letting go. It’s been hard and there has been a lot of anger on my part.

I’m tired of being angry though.

I can’t be upset anymore. I can’t waste more time on visits that aren’t paid back or birthday wishes that aren’t reciprocated. I can’t be the only side in a friendship.

Someday I know I’ll look back at this and smile. Now it still makes me sad."

Thanks Cara for posting this and putting words to my emotions.

"Moving on is simple, it's what you leave behind that makes it difficult." -annonymous

3 comments:

Halaufia's said...

WOW! This post touched me!

I AM A DREAMER said...

WOW is right! Very deep! I took it as a much needed reminder to not waste opportunities or take others for granted. Thanks for sharing and thanks for being a great friend! :)

Keyle Marie Photography said...

I hope you are ok Lauren, You're a great person, inside and out! Take care