My friend Kate has been posting her monthly cool finds and I love reading about new things so I decided to start a list of my own. Here are some things I have found over the past few months that I think are worth talking about.
Tide Washing Machine Cleaner- We got a HE front load washer a few Christmases ago and for the past year our machine has been smelling moldy and isn't being as efficient. This month we discovered this, ran it through once, and the moldy smell went away. This box comes with three pouches and monthly you run a cycle with one pouch without clothes to keep your washer smelling fresh! A must for all HE and front load washers.
Bucky Balls- These magnetic balls have become a favorite toy at our house. In each kit you receive 120 of the strongest magnets on earth. You can make a ton of different creations with them including cubes, hexagons, spheres and other things my nerdy engineer husband has figured out. They are great to play with when you are bored and have kept Mike very entertained.
Finish Dishwashing Detergent and Lemi Shine Rinse- This find was actually thanks to Miss Annie. Mike was complaining to her about how awful our dishes look after coming out of the dishwasher thanks to all the brands removing phosphorus and she told us we needed to get these two products. Our dishes have never been cleaner so thanks Annie!
Lays Stax Salt and Vinegar chips- I actually have known about these for a while but they are still one of my fave treats, so I thought I would share. I am not normally a salt and vinegar chip fan but Brittney brought them to Bear Lake when we camped up there this summer and I have been addicted ever since. They have a great taste and texture and the perfect amount of vinegar. Mmm!
DealsthatMatter.com- This site is pretty awesome and supports The Sharing Place. It's a lot like Groupon except that 15% of the profits go to whichever non-profit you choose. Getting a deal while supporting a non-profit? Can't beat that!
Clark Executive Detail- This find was thanks to DTSB and Deals That Matter. They are kind of a strange place but they do awesome car details. I took my car in today and drove away feeling as though I just bought a new car. They even were able to get off the eyeliner mark I had accidentally drawn on the ceiling. Let's just say don't try to apply eyeliner on bumpy roads. :) Their number is 801.485.6296 and they are located at 2202 S McClelland Street. They also store boats for $1.25 per square foot per month for all my boating friends out there!
Kolache's- One of the best thing about my job is being able to try new foods. Jill's team brought Kolache's in a few weeks ago and I have been craving one ever since. They are a traditional Czech pastry made of a fluffy, sweet, yeast-risen dough which can be filled with either fruit or meat and are delicious. You can get them at Johnny Kolache's located at 900 South 248 West. I promise you won't be disappointed!
Well that is all of my cool finds for now. When I asked Mike if he had any to add he said LED flashlights and two computer monitors. He is currently installing our new surround sound with a LED flashlight propped in his mouth so I decided I needed to add it. The two monitors stemmed from when he hooked up our new computer Christmas morning and he left our old monitor on the desk too. He has been in heaven when he works from home. My husband is a sexy nerd through and through :)Hope you all like these finds as much as I do. I am always looking for new suggestions too so if you have any, please share! I will leave you with a few of my newest I-tune downloads and some of my all-time faves.



Create a playlist at MixPod.com
Happy New Year everyone!



Create a playlist at MixPod.com
Happy New Year everyone!



1 comment:
Glad you started a cool finds post too. I figure everyone's gotta love a good recommendation! Oh, and it's no wonder Mike and Bart are friends. I know Bart would love those Bucky Balls and I hear him talking about his love for double computer monitors all the time! I will definitely be checking out that dishwasher stuff; good to know.
Post a Comment