Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bittersweet...


Tuesday January 31st was a bittersweet day, as it was my last day as Sharing Place's intake specialist.   Even though I have loved being the intake specialist and have learned so much from being the first person to talk to the families who are starting the healing process, I realized that I need to take care of myself better and take away some stress. After my IVF experiences and the need to reschedule multiple appointments, I also realized that my schedule was just too overwhelming and I was no longer benefiting Sharing Place and the families who need TSP and desperately crave stability.  I have truly loved learning people's stories and starting them on their path to healing and being in such an important role reminded me why we do what we do every day at TSP and what an incredible part of my life Sharing Place is.

Although I am no longer going to be working there, I am looking forward to continuing my work as a volunteer in my two groups and being a bigger part of our Colors of Life fundraiser in the coming year.  Sharing Place has been my sanctuary and without it, my life wouldn't be complete.  I have been honored to work at such an incredible organization with the most giving and wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and I am confident that these people and the lessons I have learned and the people our program has touched will stay with me forever.

Thanks TSP for building me into the woman I am and for holding me up on the days I wish to fall.

Feel free to check out The Sharing Place's Program for ways to help and volunteer by clicking here.



No comments: