Here are some random iPhone pics from the past 8 months that sort of sums up our life in a nutshell.
It's no secret that I love peonies. I first fell in love with them at our wedding and I pine for them all year long. Their scent, their beautiful pink hue and the way they look both open and closed make my heart smile. I have planted 8 different peony plants in my yard so I can pick them and put them all over my house in the summer, but in the winter months, I needed something more.
Beautiful peonies Robert and Doni sent following my septum removal surgery last May. It was on of the best arrangements I have ever seen/received and totally made the surgery worth it.
Costco peonies- See, slightly obsessed...
I have wanted to make a peony arrangement for quite some time but haven't been able to find the right silk peonies. I finally found some at Hobby Lobby, as well as this great Script LOVE sign at Tai Pan and created my own winter peony arrangement for our bedroom. Even though they aren't real, they bring a smile to my face each time I see them and help with the dreary winter months. I wish I could find some that weren't so open but for now, these will due. Let me know if you see any elsewhere :)
Speaking of flowers, after my D&C procedure, I was spoiled with beautiful flowers from amazing friends. I wasn't up to taking pics of all of them but I did get a chance to take pics of these gorgeous flowers that Ashley sent. She is also a peony lover and called all over looking for peonies. I also love the dahlia and hydrangea in this arrangement. I may or may not have sent this to Mike as a reference for future arrangements. :) Thanks mind-twin Ashley!
So Miss Avaya and I have become fast friends thanks to Crystal letting me love her. I have been able to watch her a few times in the past week and it's so much fun to have a baby in the house. We are looking forward to many more nights snuggling with her and making her laugh and smile. So much fun! In fact, we are watching her on Friday night and are having a little sleepover with her so slumber party pics to come!
Isn't she so sweet. I think she was 3 or 4 weeks here. I may have stolen her all night.
How pretty is this little lady?
This is definitely the best way to spend the night. She literally slept like this for hours and I was in heaven.
We had our every two year family reunion this year at Cherry Hill and had a great time. We spent the weekend tent camping (although thanks to Justin and Annie, VERY comfortably), enjoying Cherry Hill, golfing (yes I golf and I am kind of awesome), spending time with the family and getting lots of baby time. I forgot my camera so I only have two pics from the weekend but nonetheless, we had an awesome time and can't wait for the next reunion!
Peyton knows the way to my heart with his love of cheetoes.
Miss Mesa and I. Mase was my flower girl when she was 3; I can't believe how old she is getting!
We enjoyed our 4th season as Ute season ticket holders and had a wonderful time. I love our Season Ticket crew and it's a great excuse to get together on a regular basis in the fall. This season was great too because it was such a mild winter so it wasn't too cold.
Thanks Annie for the great pic and thoughtful Christmas gift.
The newly engaged (yay!) Harm and Rachel, The Riccis, The Billses and The Albrechts
Just missing Combe, Tyson and Jenn
Mr. Cole, our favorite little Ute fan. Although now that I think about it, I think this is from last year. Oh well, it's too cute not to use again.
We volunteered at Bike MS for the 4th time and while we don't get much sleep while we are there, we always have a fantastic time. Mike and I have become food serving extraordinaires and spend the entire weekend making sure the bikers get the nutrition they need. We love volunteering for Bike MS and other MS Society events and are looking forward to the Women Against MS Luncheon we are volunteering at on Saturday. If you are ever looking for a volunteer opportunity, let me know!
We visited Courtney and Steven in Colorado in October and had an awesome time. We ventured up to Boulder and visited a local Farmer's market and enjoyed the city, discovered pho, ate lots of delicious ice-cream from Liks, celebrated Oktoberfest in downtown Denver and got some quality time in with S and C. Again, I forgot my camera so I just have the one...
I had a few EX Wives girls nights out. These girls are an incredible and essential part of my life and bring so much laughter, fun, support, friendship, genuineness, laughter, memories, beauty and love into my life and I am so blessed to call each and every one of these girls my friends.
Rache, Annie, Danielle, Me, Nichole, Britt, Liz
Annie, Britt, Me, Liz, Nichole, Danielle, Rache
Danielle and I; the only EX non-mamas.
Sweet baby Sawyer turned one in November and her mama threw her a flawless 1st birthday party. It was honestly perfect and Sawyer bug got SPOILED. We love you buggy and are so glad we get to be a part of your life and your special day.
Me and Sawyer-bug
Spearsie and Buggy
I adore her face as she hugs her new doggie. She has no much love.
Laura and Sawyer
Sawyer and I in the new peacoat I bought her. I need a little girl :)
Enjoying her very own birthday cake.
My mom and Rod started a family Thanksgiving morning 5K in St. George at the family farm about 7 years ago so it's a tradition to run a 5K every Thanksgiving morning. We didn't go down to St. George this year so we decided to run the Draper 5K to support the Utah Food Bank. My step-dads company Ebay was generous enough to sponsor all of us, under one condition; we had to wear turkey leg headbands (which were actually much better than the full on turkey hats they also supplied). Although we felt silly initally, it turns out many people dress up for the run, including full on turkey suits and indian costumes, and we actually got many compliments on our headgear.
I defiinitely made up for the calories burned at dinner that night though. I <3 Thanksgiving dinner and it's truly one of my favorite meals of the year. I mean, how can you beat turkey, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, stuffing, yams and everything in between?
We celebrated Christmas at my parent's house and had the best Christmas we have ever had. Not only did we learn at 4 am that I was pregnant; everything else was perfect and we got everything we could have ever wanted. Even though Baby Ricci wasn't quite ready to make their debut into our family quite yet, it will always be a Christmas of fond memories, excitement and love and I hope we will be sharing next Christmas with a cooking Baby Ricci.
This is how Mekah and Semper like to ride in the car (or Semper likes to sit behind Mike's neck). I know this isn't the safest way to drive and we only let them get away with it for so long. We sure do love our little doggies and their individual personalities!
At Sharing Place we always make cards for the person who died and my sweet hubbie made Baby Ricci a Valentine's Day Card at Sharing Place one night when I wasn't there. I sure do love him.
And finally here is a pic from Courtney and Steven's wedding in Trinidad and Tobago.
Many, many more pics from the wedding to come as well as pics from our sidetrip to Barbados.
Overall we are doing well and have been enjoying my newfound free-time, as well as getting more time together. We have lots of fun things coming up including celebrating my 27th birthday at Tavernacle and a night at Hotel Monaco (Thanks Riccis!), a weekend with my family in Park City for our annual ski trip, a few weekends in Logan for the annual St. Patty's Day party as well as the Annual Sigma Chi Alumni Banquet and celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary.
Also, tired of being a victim to my body, I have committed to run the St. George marathon in October, pending getting a spot (it's a lottery). I am looking forward to getting back in shape and finally controlling my body instead of it controlling me. I plan to start training in March and will know in May if I was secured a spot.
2012 started out as a difficult year but I am determined to turn it around and have it become our best year yet!










.jpg)











1 comment:
What a wonderful summary for an exciting year. I hope this coming year is even better. Keep the posts coming. Love u and your blog.
Post a Comment