Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Labor Day 2012

As most of you know, Mike and I were to be expecting our first baby on September 3rd, 2012, but unfortunately due to complications with my pregnancy, we lost our baby on January 13th. Due to the emotional and physical stress this pregnancy loss and two rounds of IVF has put on my body, we decided to take a break from trying and get back to us. Since I no longer have a second job we will have a lot more us time which means more Lauren/Miguel dates, nights out with our friends, gym time, wine nights, us time and TRAVEL!!!

When I was doing intakes one of my questions always was, "tell me what you liked to do with the person who died and what made that person them?" When I asked Mike and myself that question (because I am morbid like that), we both said anything football related and traveling. Travel has been a main part of our relationship since the very first year we were together and we have been very fortunate to go to many different places in our short 7 years together. We are both pretty busy bees so looking forward to a trip, whether long or short, is what keeps us going.
* Tangent- Our love of travel began when I was 19 and Mike was 23 and I found us a killer deal on an all-inclusive resort in Cancun, Mexico. Now that I look back, the "resort" we stayed at, it was kind of a dump, but we had an incredible time, stayed on the most beautiful beach with bright blue water (honestly it looked like a corona commercial) and we fell in the love with the prices and all-inclusive vacation style that Cancun has to offer.

In the years following this trip we have chasing that same sand and blue water but all the other Carribean places we have visited just haven't lived up to that first hotel's beach (with the exception of our recent trip to Barbados; blog post to come). We have also been trying to track down the best all-inclusive we can afford, and a few years ago we found Secrets. Now the Secrets we have stayed at was awesome food and accomodations wise, but it is not in the "hotel district" of Cancun and the beaches were never very nice, so while we loved our trip, we still kept looking.

Anyway, back to Labor Day 2012...

After we lost Baby Ricci, I became set on either going to Cancun or the Dominican Republic this September and only wanted to stay in a Secrets resort. Mike was a little hesitant about booking another trip since we had just gotten back from Trinindad and Tobago/Barbados but I NEEDED something to look forward to in order to make it through the next 8 months, so I started looking. Well low and behold, I found a BRAND NEW Secrets, IN the hotel district of Cancun, ON an amazing beach, WITH 7, yes 7! restaurants, opening in August and ON sale!!! I saw it and fell in love, I mean literally jaw dropping, drooling and dying to go love. I sent the special to Mike and to my surprise and elatement, he was on board with going and today I booked a 10 day trip over Baby Ricci due day to this oasis.

I mean seriously, how incredible does this look?
(Trust me if it wasn't on a pre-opening sale, there is no way we could stay here)

Pool


Room

White sand, blue water beach

Main Bar

Another Pool


I am beyond thrilled and thankful to have another tropical vacation on the books. I start to get a little antsy when I don't know when our next trip will be, so I think the knowledge that this is coming will keep me going for the next 6 months. Thanks be for feeding my need and for being my travel buddy. You are by far my favorite person to travel with and I am looking forward to an amazing 10 days with you here.

On another note, you may have noticed my new "pages" at the top of my blog. Thanks to Miss Jessica Colby's recent post of her bucket list, she inspired me to write my own. Mine is a work in progress but I will post mine soon. My bucket list also reminded me how fortunate we have been to travel but made me realize that I am beginning to forget when and where we have traveled to over the past 7 years. That is where the "Where in the World Have the Riccis Been?" page came from. This page will be dedicated to the places Mike and I have gone, both separately and together, and when we went so as we continue to lose our minds, we will have a place to look back to and remember. Both these "pages" are works in progress but I hope that My Bucket List inspires you to make your own.

Honestly, it's amazing what booking a trip does for my soul. I feel so much lighter than I have in weeks! Now I just need to get my butt back into the gym.

Happy Thursday everyone! Oh and speaking of Thursday, here is my Thankful Thursday post... Today I am thankful for "my person" Miss Annie, mi Madre who is the best mom a girl could have and Miguel for loving me even when I am unlovable. Without these three I never would have made it through the last month.

2 comments:

bc said...

SO SO awesome!! That's how we afforded our 10 days at the Dreams Resort in Cancun. Grand openings are the way to go because they cater to you and the hotel is no where near max capacity. Totally ask for a free upgrade when you get there. Most of the rooms will probably be empty. If you don't mind, will you send me some info. Not sure what direction we are going in for our Sept trip but I'd love to look at this as an option (if you don't mind company.) :) XOXO

Keyle Marie Photography said...

I wanna know about this deal too! We could DEF use a getaway :) May be a good option for our anniversary! Text me if you don't mind! Thanks girl!