About a month ago Mike came home and told me that he had been asked to go on a two-three month work trip to Toulouse, France to work with Airbus on a composite aircraft. Initially I was a bit apprehensive because we didn't have a lot of details, weren't exactly sure when he would be going and I was nervous to have him gone for 2-3 months of my pregnancy. After talking it through and getting more details, we decided that this was an amazing opportunity we couldn't let him pass up and if he was ever going to do this, it needed to be before Baby Ricci joined our family. My only stipulation was he needed to be home by Christmas so he would for sure not miss our baby's birth.
A few weeks went by and while we knew France was a large possibility, we still didn't have dates and weren't 100% sure he was going to be able to go due to timing. Well on Friday he was asked to go to France for a "kick off" meeting at the beginning of September for a few days and then he will most likely be heading back at the end of September/early October for two months. I have been asked by multiple people if I will be going with him for the duration of his stay but in all honesty, I love my job too much to quit and spend two months in France (I am crazy right?) I do plan on going out for a week or so (pending Dr.'s ok) to see where he is living, to explore the French countryside and get one last adventure in before Baby Ricci joins our family. My step-dad Rod has also been working internationally in Berlin and Budaphest so my mom is planning to go visit him in Budaphest and then going to visit Mike as well, so he won't be without family for the entire two months.
While I know this is an incredible opportunity for Mike and his career and it will be an experience he will never forget, Baby and I will sure miss him. 2012 has been an amazing year both career wise and family wise and we are looking forward to yet another adventure in our marriage.
Here is a map of where Toulouse is, as well as a couple pics of the town. I am really excited to visit France and am looking forward to seeing Paris and maybe visiting Spain while I am there. If you have any travel tips, we would love to hear them!



2 comments:
What an amazing opportunity for your husband, & you too because you will get to go visit. I don't blame you for wanting to stay home. You probably want to stay close to your doctor too.
Ohh I am so jealous! That is amazing. It will be a great time of year to visit there. Toulouse isn't far from the lavender fields that are everywhere in the south of France. Have fun!
Post a Comment