Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Watering the Weeds...

Over the course of this infertility journey I have found that people I thought I could count on and who would always be there for me were not, that the friendships I knew were solid became even stronger and people I never had any idea would be my rock came to my rescue and gave me the support I desperately needed.  There are a few people I never would have gotten through this trial without and they have truly been my lifeline.  I feel incredibly fortunate to have them in my life and to call them my friends. 

Although I have been blessed with some amazing people in my life, I have also realized as the years go by that relationships change and some people are only meant to be in your life for "a reason" or "a season".  When I was in my teens and early twenties I couldn't imagine severing ties with friends I shared incredible moments with, who were a part of some of my most sacred experiences and who I have opened my heart to and beared my soul.  Well as I have grown older (and hopefully wiser) and as I open my heart, home and life to Baby Ricci and the change this little one will bring to our lives, I had to cut out some of the friends I thought I would have forever.  While it has been difficult to separate my life from those who I considered my best friends for many years, eliminating the negativity and toxicity from my life and opening my heart up to friendships has been a breath of fresh air.  Life is too short to have people in your life who make you feel bad about yourself, who only call you when they need something, who deplete your energy and who don't enrich your life the way a friend should.  While I will always cherish moments I had with these friends, I am ready to close the book on those chapters of my life and surround myself with people who make me better.

While catching up on some blog reading today, I found this post and it summarized exactly how I was feeling and put words to the emotions I was unable to.  I hope these words bring you the same strength and clarity they brought me and you too are able to "stop watering the weeds in your life and start watering the flowers."


No comments: