So after much begging Mike finally said we could get a brand new couch. I have been DYING to get a new comfortable couch for three years and was stoked to finally start looking for the perfect one. I really wanted one that you can just sink into and lay on for hours but I wanted it to be big enough for both Mike and I to lay on at the same time. Our friend Steven has the most comfortable micro-fiber couch with a chaise lounge so we originally started looking for something similar since his meets all of my qualifications. I of course started at Costco.com but had no luck so we went on the hunt. Unfortunately, I think Steven has the only comfortable micro-fiber couch in the world because all the others we sat on were either hard, filled with noisy material, or were way more than we were willing to spend. I was beginning to get discouraged until we sat on this corduroy couch at RC Willey and instantly sunk in. I loved everything about it except for the pillows it came with so we decided to keep looking for something that was absolutely perfect.
Well, after about 10 different furniture stores, lots of measuring and five trips to RC Willey to check out the same couch, we decided that pillows were an easy change and that this was the perfect couch for us. We bought it on the 4th of July, and it was just barely delivered last weekend. It fits great in the space downstairs and is definitely big enough for Mike and I plus another 8 people. Plus I was able to find some great new pillows at Target that I think completely transform the look of the couch. (Yes, I shop at Target, just not off their registries). Plus the original pillows are coming in handy. We stuffed them under the couch to deter Semper from crawling under it. He barely fits but somehow he manages to make it under there. Silly dog!
I made them be my models.


This is what the pillows that originally came with the couch look like.
These are the pillows that I got from Target

We love it and are so glad that we can finally enjoy the basement. Super bowl anyone?

2 comments:
Love the couches. Especially the ottoman. It looks so comfy down there. The pillows are a find as well. Some of the design shows get decor at Target - you are just as smart as they are. Enjoy your new living room.
So cute! I would have changed the pillows, too. Makes me want to go buy furniture!
Post a Comment