Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Viva Los Cabos!


Mike and I have loved Mexico ever since our first vacation together down to Cancun and have wanted to go to Cabos for a while now. So when Mike was offered the opportunity to be bumped onto a later flight during a work trip, he gladly accepted. With this bump came a $400.00 Delta flight credit that had to be used by the end of the year so when we found a killer deal for an all-inclusive resort in Cabos on Costco.com (where else?) we were sold!

We stayed at the InterContinental Presidente Resort and loved it! Since Mike and I are executive members at Costco they bumped us to an Ocean view room, which was fabulous! We had a great view of the beach and it was at the end of the resort so it was very quiet.

The views from our room

The InterContintental Presidente The food was quite good considering the price we paid and we ate A TON. I swear I put on 10 pounds! Usually the Mexican all-inclusive resorts we have stayed at only have one restaurant that tries to make many different types of cuisine but they all end up tasting like Mexican instead of Italian, American, etc. etc. The Presidente had three restaurants so they each tasted distinctly different and were very yummy. Our favorite was El Patio, which was authentic Mexican. They had the best desserts including pepper ice cream. It sounds gross but in fact it was delicious! We especially enjoyed the daily breakfast buffet because of the omelet bar where they made us omelets any way we liked and these really yummy cheese quesadillas. I miss being able to eat breakfast like that every morning! We also really enjoyed their snack bar and ate lunch there almost every day. I particularly liked the nachos because they were cheesy, spicy and came with guacamole and pico. Mmm! The only thing Mike and I didn’t care for at the resort was their steak because they were very lean and tough. Must be because the cows out there were skin and bones since it’s a desert and there is nothing to eat!

At Dinner

While most our days were spent relaxing poolside or in the hammock on the beach outside of our room, we did venture out on two excursions. The first was a snorkel/Cabos tour we also got for being executive members at Costco. They first took us to a glass blowing factory, which was really cool. It is such an art! Then they dropped us off for an hour of shopping in Cabos and then we were off to the boat! The boat took us to the arch at Land’s End, Pelican Rock, the sea lion colony and finally to snorkel in the Sea of Cortez. We saw some really pretty fish and even a few stingrays so it was a lot of fun. After the snorkel we went to Playa del Amore (Lover’s Beach), which is a beautiful beach between two huge rock formations that separate the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean. It was definitely worth the swim over, even though I was petrified the whole time! I am deathly afraid of drowning so it was super scary. Mike was very helpful in calming me down though and I made it back to the boat unscathed.

The city of Cabos

Us on the boatThe Sea of CortezThe arch at Land’s EndThe second excursion we embarked on was an ATV tour, which was a BLAST! We had a great tour guide who oddly enough used to live in West Valley. He told us that he had never had a hamburger as good as those at Crown Burger and I would have to agree! Anyway, he took us to some beautiful secluded beaches and then to an awesome stretch of desert land with ATV jumps and trails and let us go off on our own. It was so much fun and I had forgotten how much I ATV’s. Mike didn’t like me driving though because he says I almost killed him on a jump. I think he was just being a big baby because I thought it was FUN! With the exception of the dust it was a great tour and if you ever make it down to Cabos I highly recommend it. It was definitely worth the money.

We think we are hardcore.

This beach was beautifulOverall we had a fabulous and very relaxing time down in Cabos and I can’t wait to go back. Rache and Annie, I know you are going to have an amazing trip and I can’t wait to hear what experiences you have down there! Wish we could come with you! If you can force yourself up at 4:30 am you have to go watch a sunrise. They were breathtaking.

The sunrise at our hotel.

ADIOS!

8 comments:

Steve and Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley and Paul said...

You have nice bangs.

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

Rachel and I won't have to wake up to see the sunrise....we will still be awake.:) I am so glad you two had a great time. Your pic's turned out great!!

Rachel said...

I wish you guys would have been able to come with us! Another time. I am glad you two had fun.

Jenny B said...

Love the dark hair! At first I didn't realize it was you.

Unknown said...

I don't know you BUT your blog is SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!!!!

Jen said...

SO fun! Looks like a great trip...what a nice getaway! And I also really like your couch--it's crazy being adults and buying furniture!

Malerie said...

That looks like a fabulous trip. What fun!