
So after months of begging Mike to let us get Netflix (I wanted to see the first season of Project Runway and couldn’t find anywhere to rent it), he finally gave in to my pleas. He was a bit apprehensive to start paying $18.00 a month for movie rentals when I am not much of a movie buff, but he decided we would try it out. I think he saw this as his way to finally see all the movies I had been too impatient to watch and it was my way to get into shows I had heard great things about or watch the cheesy romantic comedies I knew he never would. Anyway, we made a deal that we would trade off selections so we could each see a movie we wanted every other time and then would throw a TV show we were both interested in for nights we didn’t have time to watch an entire movie.
Well, we have now had Netflix for 2 months and Mike has only chosen ONE good movie. I want to take his selection ability away in order to save myself from yet another dud. Even worse is that even when he knows it’s a bad movie, he STILL makes us watch the whole thing because A. he thinks it will get better or B. he wants to see what happens. Seriously, he made us watch ALL of The Last King of Scotland, which next to Alexander was the worst movie I have ever seen. I know he has a lot of talent and skills but picking movies is not one of them. It’s ok, I still love him and will allow him to pick movies until he finally realizes that this is his one flaw and hands the reigns over to me for all future movie picks. I am not holding my breath though.
Even with Mike’s bad picks I have thoroughly enjoyed coming home to a movie in my mailbox and think it might be the greatest idea ever. The site is incredibly easy to use and has a huge selection of both new and old movies. It even has Return to Oz, which I am excited to make Mike, Laura, Seth and Jess watch so they will finally believe there was a sequel to the Wizard of Oz! One night I started talking about this movie and they thought I was making a story up in my head. Well, now I can prove them wrong!
Along with proving to people that I am NOT crazy, we also have discovered the amazing show that is Six Feet Under, thanks to Netflix. Seriously, whoever created and wrote this show I would like to give a big hug to, because they truly are inspiring. Who knew that such a morbid topic could be made into such a compelling, relevant and clever show. Having dealt with my dad’s death and volunteering at The Sharing Place, I can completely relate to grief and the different ways people cope, the stupid things people say when you are mourning a loss and everything else this show touches on in regards to life after a death. I highly HIGHLY recommend this show to anyone who can get past the profanity because the underlying message is so profound that it will touch and teach anyone willing to listen.
So, if you like to rent movies but hate running to the store or can never turn them in on time, I suggest trying out Netflix. It makes life so much easier and they have so many different plans to choose from that it can be affordable for anyone. I swear, Costco, Netflix, Bed Bath and Beyond, Tide to Go and American Express should all hire me because I endorse them all so much. I just love them all and a good product is hard to find these days! Oh, and if any of you have any good movie recommendations, I welcome them with open arms. Anything to save me from another King of Scotland!
Well, we have now had Netflix for 2 months and Mike has only chosen ONE good movie. I want to take his selection ability away in order to save myself from yet another dud. Even worse is that even when he knows it’s a bad movie, he STILL makes us watch the whole thing because A. he thinks it will get better or B. he wants to see what happens. Seriously, he made us watch ALL of The Last King of Scotland, which next to Alexander was the worst movie I have ever seen. I know he has a lot of talent and skills but picking movies is not one of them. It’s ok, I still love him and will allow him to pick movies until he finally realizes that this is his one flaw and hands the reigns over to me for all future movie picks. I am not holding my breath though.
Even with Mike’s bad picks I have thoroughly enjoyed coming home to a movie in my mailbox and think it might be the greatest idea ever. The site is incredibly easy to use and has a huge selection of both new and old movies. It even has Return to Oz, which I am excited to make Mike, Laura, Seth and Jess watch so they will finally believe there was a sequel to the Wizard of Oz! One night I started talking about this movie and they thought I was making a story up in my head. Well, now I can prove them wrong!
Along with proving to people that I am NOT crazy, we also have discovered the amazing show that is Six Feet Under, thanks to Netflix. Seriously, whoever created and wrote this show I would like to give a big hug to, because they truly are inspiring. Who knew that such a morbid topic could be made into such a compelling, relevant and clever show. Having dealt with my dad’s death and volunteering at The Sharing Place, I can completely relate to grief and the different ways people cope, the stupid things people say when you are mourning a loss and everything else this show touches on in regards to life after a death. I highly HIGHLY recommend this show to anyone who can get past the profanity because the underlying message is so profound that it will touch and teach anyone willing to listen.
So, if you like to rent movies but hate running to the store or can never turn them in on time, I suggest trying out Netflix. It makes life so much easier and they have so many different plans to choose from that it can be affordable for anyone. I swear, Costco, Netflix, Bed Bath and Beyond, Tide to Go and American Express should all hire me because I endorse them all so much. I just love them all and a good product is hard to find these days! Oh, and if any of you have any good movie recommendations, I welcome them with open arms. Anything to save me from another King of Scotland!
4 comments:
Uhhh....The Last King of Scotland? Alexander? Those are your worst?
A Walk to Remember, Bicentennial Man, and Here on Earth all say hi.
P.S. Don't tell anybody but I am the only male hetero on the planet that watches Project Runway. Please tell me you weren't rooting for Kenlee....
Oh no, I was rooting for Leann. I was so mad she made it to fashion week, especially when that put Jerrell out. He was way better than her.
Glad you like PR too. Maybe you can rub off on Mike a bit :-)
P.S. We totally thought of you while watching Grey's last week. They had a whole segment on Dermatology.
OMG!! I love six feet under. I could always relate considering I lived in a cemetery my entire childhood. I'm also a PR groupie, but I was rooting for Kato. While we are talking about TV I have to endorse DVR, I would not be able to watch TV without it. I get to watch all my shows after Jaxon goes to bed and I get to fast forward through all the commercials:)
Netflix has made me a homebody
Post a Comment