November 1st was the best day I have had in a really long time. Mike and I have been so busy lately and haven’t spent much quality time together so he surprised me with booking us a room at The Little America and arranging for my mom and Rod to watch the dogs that evening. It was very well planned out and super thoughtful and I was really excited to turn our phones off and act like tourists around Salt Lake. Since he had told me about the room a week in advance and we couldn’t check in until three, I decided to book a much-needed massage for the morning to add to the relaxing and perfect day. Breathe was running a special for their 9th anniversary so I was able to get a 90 minute massage for the price of a 75 minute and it was true bliss. I swear, it was the best massage I have ever had in my life and it started my day off so well!
After my massage we were off to the Little America. Mike being the amazing hubby that he is had splurged on the “Romance package” and it was so nice. They put us up on the 14th floor in a suite with views of the city and the Grand America, delivered chilled sparkling cider, chocolate covered strawberries and other chocolate sweets, a rose and a key engraved with our names and the date of our stay. I think the “Romance package” is actually intended for anniversaries and wedding nights because when we checked in they said, “Congratulations” and on the engraved key it read “Happy Anniversary” so we just pretended it was our anniversary. Even though they had given us sparkling cider, Mike had picked up and chilled my favorite champagne Asti Spumonte, which we drink on all our special occasions. He really had thought of everything! The room, the views, the treats and especially my hubby were all perfect and I truly am a lucky wife!






Since we decided to pretend to be tourists, we parked the Runner and took Trax over to the Gateway. We had heard about this new restaurant called The Counter and wanted to try it out. It’s basically an up-scale diner in which you can put anything you can think of on a hamburger, veggie burger or chicken burger. Mike and I weren’t super hungry and so we shared some cheese fries and a massive burger and that was quite enough! The food was pretty good but I did think it was over priced and don’t know if I would go there again. I still prefer 5 guys and the cheese fries can’t compare to Training Table!
After my massage we were off to the Little America. Mike being the amazing hubby that he is had splurged on the “Romance package” and it was so nice. They put us up on the 14th floor in a suite with views of the city and the Grand America, delivered chilled sparkling cider, chocolate covered strawberries and other chocolate sweets, a rose and a key engraved with our names and the date of our stay. I think the “Romance package” is actually intended for anniversaries and wedding nights because when we checked in they said, “Congratulations” and on the engraved key it read “Happy Anniversary” so we just pretended it was our anniversary. Even though they had given us sparkling cider, Mike had picked up and chilled my favorite champagne Asti Spumonte, which we drink on all our special occasions. He really had thought of everything! The room, the views, the treats and especially my hubby were all perfect and I truly am a lucky wife!






Since we decided to pretend to be tourists, we parked the Runner and took Trax over to the Gateway. We had heard about this new restaurant called The Counter and wanted to try it out. It’s basically an up-scale diner in which you can put anything you can think of on a hamburger, veggie burger or chicken burger. Mike and I weren’t super hungry and so we shared some cheese fries and a massive burger and that was quite enough! The food was pretty good but I did think it was over priced and don’t know if I would go there again. I still prefer 5 guys and the cheese fries can’t compare to Training Table!
Thanks for the wonderful evening Be. I love you and am so blessed to have such a thoughtful, romantic and wonderful husband. You are the best. MUAH!
4 comments:
Mike is so romantic, it looks like you guys had a wonderful night together. Ben and I can't wait to see you guys
Brittney
What a great hubby you have. I am glad you two make time for each other!! It is important. See you at the BYU game :)
What thoughtful husband you have! Sounds like you had a great time...and all your Halloween pics are great! That Heath Ledger pumpkin was totally amazing!
I just made Ed come look at this post...just in case he forgot how to be romantic...which he did. :)
Post a Comment