Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Let's Carve!

Every year a few days before Halloween, Toni and Bob clear out their garage, set up tables, chairs and a gutting station, print out hundreds of pumpkin designs, make a ton of amazing homemade food including three fabulous soups and the best garlic bread ever and decorate for their annual Pumpkin Carving Party. This is my favorite part of Halloween and has been a tradition in our family for over 10 years and I look forward to it ALL of October. It’s just so much fun to gather around and see people we only see once a year, eat great food, carve pumpkins and catch up. I am always amazed to see what people can carve in their pumpkins and this year was no exception. In fact, I think this year’s pumpkins were the best yet. Everyone carved awesome things and it made for a great display!


Now, I don’t normally get competitive but for some reason when it comes to pumpkin carving I do. Maybe it’s because I don’t have any other talents and I think I can carve a pretty good pumpkin. Well, this year for the first time EVER I was bested my both my brother AND my mom! Their pumpkins were AWESOME but I personally think they cheated by printing their own designs. :-) I guess next year I will have to start looking for designs in August!

This is Nate's Heath Ledger. Cool huh!

My mom carved Sarah Palin to pay homage to her "pumpkin head"

Bob did a Barack Obama and he, Sarah Palin and The Joker were the hits of the night!
Thanks again to Toni and Bob for hosting another great Pumpkin Party. We love you guys and are so happy we get to be a part of this wonderful tradition! Here are some pics from the party. If I had been thinking I would have taken some pictures of the fabulous decorations. They decorate their house to a T!

My fam and ColeThe fabulous hostess Toni and her cute Peace pumkin

Bob hard at work!
Mah Be carving away!
Most of the awesome pumpkins! Mike's is the cat next to the peace sign and mine is Punkula!


2 comments:

Ben and Brittney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben and Brittney said...

Carving pumpkins is so much fun. Looks like a fun tradition
Britt