Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Another Yummy Recipe

I have also been asked for this yummy appetizer recipe so I thought I would share. Ironically it also came from Toni. She finds the most delicious treats and every time I make this, it's a huge hit.

Captain Rodney's Cheese Bake
1/2 cup mayonnaise
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 stalks green onions, chopped
10 Ritz crackers, crushed
8 slices of crispy bacon, chopped
1/2 cup Captain Rodney's Boucan glaze (the SECRET ingredient)

Mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and onions together in a greased pie tip or other baking dish. Top with the crushed Ritz crackers and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Top with the chopped bacon and drizzle the Boucan glaze over the top of the dip. Serve with Fritos or any other cracker you prefer.

*Note, I have yet to find Captain Rodney's Boucan glaze anywhere in Utah, but I order it from the Bell Buckle Country Store. The bottle is $10.00 and will make about three cheese dips. The flat rate shipping for it is a bit pricey, so I always order a few bottles at a time. The Boucan glaze is the same as the Mango Pepper glaze. If you ever find it being sold in Utah, I would LOVE to know!

Thanks and enjoy :)

No comments: