Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I am not much of a decorator but I absolutely LOVE our Christmas tree. This year it was very fun to decorate because it only took 20 minutes to put up since I spent 6 hours last year making sure the lights were wrapped around every branch of our inherited artificial tree. Mike and I were both shocked when all the lights actually worked and we spent Thanksgiving decorating it. Finally the "useless" room as Mike likes to call it, (we have zero furniture in it) has a purpose; it's now the Christmas tree room! I am so proud of it that I had to post some pictures.

The theme of it has been, and probably always will be, a red and silver color scheme filled with stars, our initials and some of my favorite words. My mom helped me shop for cranberries and silver fillers last year and they really pulled the tree together. Here are some pictures of my favorite touches.
Love and Wish ornaments purchased at Tai Pan. I also have a Hope one.


M, L and R Initials purchased at Restoration Hardware. Hoping to add a few more soon :)

Large Sparklie stars purchased at Target. Also have sparklie red and silver balls which kind of look like disco balls but I love the twinkle they bring!

Mini sparklie stars purchased at Tai Pan. I think I have 3 dozen. I do love stars!
Cranberry sprigs purchased at Joannes.

Wish Star, purchased on a random shopping date with my mom.
and of course a tin man to honor my dad. A gift from my thoughtful mom. :) She even kept with the silver theme.

Can't wait to finish decorating the rest of the house and putting some presents under the tree!

Happy holidays everyone!

6 comments:

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

Your tree looks amazing! I love that it has personal meaning. The initials are such a cute idea. Your Christmas tree looks like it was meant to go in that room :) Can't wait to see it in person.

Malerie said...

You aren't much of a decorator?! It looks great. I love the theme. The feelings of the holidays coming are the best...

Rachel said...

Too cute! I am excited to see it! I will just bask in the beautiful-ness that is your tree, since I am not putting one up!

I AM A DREAMER said...

Darling! Great tree!

Linds Forrest said...

Oh my crap your tree is beautiful!! Seriously awesome job!

hannie bailey said...

Good job miss Lauren. You are so grown up! I love it.

...remember when I used to tell you to 'be good' whenver I was saying goodbye to you? ;) You used to be my little friend, now you are all grown up with your own big girl tree! good stuff!