Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bad wife turned good wife!

After I completely failed on Mike's ACTUAL birthday, I made up for it by surprising him with our new favorite gadget, the Apple TV. This honestly may have been my best purchase in quite some time. We had been talking about getting a device that would allow us to play Netflix without having to plug our computer into the TV, but were having a hard time finding one that met all our needs. A few weeks ago we went to the Bowers' house to see their finished remodel and were introduced to this little gem. We both thought the Apple TV was awesome as Seth showed us all it's capabilities, but we left it at that.

After not doing anything for Mike on his birthday, I began realizing what a bad wife I had been and began thinking about how I was going to make-up for it. After racking my brain for things he might want, the Apple TV popped into my head. I went down to the Apple store (which is an incredible place by the way) and purchased this new toy. Mike was COMPLETELY surprised when I gave it to him, because it wasn't something he has asked for and it's not often I get to surprise him. He immediately set it up and began enjoying what is the awesomeness of the Apple TV. Apple continues to impress me with their innovative technology, their user interface and the ability to just plug their products in and use them immediately.



For those of you who don't know what the Apple TV is (because I didn't until 2 weeks ago) it's a tiny box that hooks up to your TV and wi-fi using an HDMI cable and essentially turning your TV into a file server. You can watch Netflix, play Pandora, listen to your I-Tunes, watch a picture slide show, watch YouTube and rent movies and TV episodes, all from the comfort of your couch. We have really loved being able to watch a movie whenever we want, listening to music as we cook and clean and seeing random old pictures pop up while we enjoy some time together. The best part about the Apple TV is that it was only $99 bucks, there are no monthly service fees and we can control it with our I-pod touches!

So, if you are looking for a good gift for your hubby (or yourself), I highly recommend looking into it. You can click here for more info about it but I promise you won't be disappointed!

No comments: