But I had to post this picture because it just melts my heart.

We had the opportunity to watch Annie and Justin’s boys this weekend while they traveled on a much needed vacation to Hawaii. We had so much fun and while it was an eye-opening experience (seriously Annie, Mike thinks you are superwoman now), it just reiterated how ready we are for this and how badly we want to be parents. Mike was incredibly adorable with both Mason and Cole, totally helpful and even watched Mason by himself while I took Cole to Disney on Ice. He didn’t even call me ONCE (he credited Annie’s very detailed note which was a lifesaver but I think he is better than he gives himself credit for). He is going to make an amazing dad and watching him being so caring to Cole and Mason made me fall in love with him all over again. We and the boys had a great time enjoying the spring-time weather, building forts, playing at Chic-Fil-A, watching Megamind, baking cookies, making Mase giggle, playing with the dogs, going to Disney on Ice and Mike and I loved spending time together with little ones around. We were both tired by the end of the weekend and our house felt a little emptier after I dropped them off Monday. Getting a text from Mike saying “You will be a GREAT mom!” made my weekend though and made it all worth it. Thanks Annie and Justin for letting us play faux Aunty and Uncle to your boys. They are just the cutest and left us with lots of funny stories and quotes and we can’t wait for another play date.

2 comments:
I love that picture of Mike. It's so sweet! You two are going to make wonderful parents <3
You guys are the greatest! Cole has been talking non-stop about his sleepovers at your house. Thanks again!
Post a Comment