Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby Hungry!

I think the universe is trying to tell Mike and I something even though Mike truly doesn’t agree!

This week has been full of babies and is making me realize how much I can’t wait to be a mother. On Thursday we met our friend’s baby boy she just adopted and she is so beside herself. On Friday we went over to some friends house where they have the cutest pictures of Baby Paige everywhere! She is so silly and beautiful and I hope I have a baby girl as fun as she is! Saturday morning before the MS walk I got to play with Jess’ nephews who are SO funny, and Saturday evening I finally got to meet and play with Baby Cole, who is such a good baby! He just hung-out and flirted with all the girls and then went to sleep. Not to mention that Annie looks INCREDIBLE and I would have a baby in a second if I knew I could look as good as she does! So Sunday morning I asked Mike, “If we had a baby as good as Cole and I looked as good as Annie after then can we have a baby?” He immediately told me no so I gave him a pouty face and went and changed for breakfast.

Well, the universe wasn’t done yet. We went to breakfast with a few of the Sigs where JD and Brittney announced they were expecting! I am so beyond thrilled for them and know they will make amazing parents! Their announcement just fed my hunger though! To top it off, I walked in this morning and as soon as I flipped on the lights the old receptionist came in and introduced me to her brand new baby boy. I held him for a good ten minutes and he just cuddled with me. It was so cute and made me want a baby even more!

Most of you know that if we are anywhere where there is a baby around I will play with them until you rip them away from me. Mike hates coming to family reunions with me because I spend more time playing with Mesa and all the other new babies than I do spending time with him. I just love children and have wanted to be a mom since I can remember. I know that becoming a mom will be the most rewarding thing I will ever do and can’t wait to embark on that journey with my be. It takes my breath away just thinking about experiencing pregnancy, seeing Mike become a daddy, seeing my mom become a grandma and having the ability to give myself completely to another human being.

Now even though the universe is clearly trying to tell us something, I know now is not the right time. Mike is in the middle of applying to grad school out of state and we haven’t even been married a year yet. I guess I just see all these happy mamas and know how fulfilled I will be when I finally become one. We probably won’t even begin trying for another year and a half at least and I know it will be a long and hard wait but I also know that in waiting we will be able to give our children a better life than we can now. I just wish I had some nephews or nieces to keep me occupied until then. Any friends or family out there need a sitter? I’m FREE!

My cute cousins Mesa and Cohen who make me want a baby even more!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I know how you feel! I was trying my hardest not to succumb to baby fever, but I can't stop thinking about it. Maybe in a year or so I can talk Ed into it, but then we will have been married 6.5 years!

melis said...

GO FOR IT!!!!!:) I highly recommend babies-- they ae the best!

Jenny B said...

Too bad we aren't closer to you. I would use you as much as you wanted to be around my crazy kids!
Being a mom is the greatest thing ever but it is also important to enjoy yourself and your spouse without kids first-you can never get that time back.

Ashley and Paul said...

Brittney is pregy? How cute! You will be a great Mom when you and Mike are ready, I know it!

The Patrona said...

Lauren, what are you waiting for? Get on the stick! Literally. If I knew that having kids was going to be as amazing as it is, I would never have waited so long. I'll spare you all the b.s. about there never being a right time and this and that. Just do it. Life only get's better when they get here. And don't worry about looking good afterwards, either. The first time you hold that tiny little rockstar in your arms, you won't give a damn about stretch marks or anything else. Because it's all worth it and you would do it again in a second. Someone that has a heart as big as yours can only make their child's world, a better place.

Malerie said...

You will be a great mom! When it's the right time for both of you, it will be an incredible experience. In the mean time, try to enjoy your alone time and a full night's sleep :)

Lovin_R_Babies said...

Do want my baby? He's free too!!! :) You're so cute, and you would make a terrific mommy. But seriously, if you ever need to get over that baby hunger, just call me and you can have Carson until you get over it. :) :) :) Love ya.