
Since traveling to Italy ten years ago I have been on a quest to find the perfect gelato. Everytime I see a gelato shop I will stop in, order a bowl and walk away disappointed. Granted, there are not many gelato shops here in Utah, but of the ones that are, none have been able to transport me back to Italy. There is just nothing like strolling down the streets of Siena and enjoying this refreshing treat. I had started to give up on my search, that is, until today when we happened upon this little gem.

(a camera phone at it's finest)
Bellissimo Gelato just opened and is only a few blocks from our house (5500 S 900 E, behind Bajio). After enjoying a dinner at Thai Garden we decided to give them a chance. I walked in thinking that I would again walk out disappointed, as I had so many times before. Much to my surprise, it was excellent! It wasn't too creamy or too icy, the flavor was spot on and was everything I had been searching for. I sat in that little shop overjoyed that my quest for the perfect gelato had finally been completed with this little ma and pa shop.
They have over 20 different flavors and all of their ingredients are shipped directly from Italy. We ordered a half red-orange half lemon, which I highly recommend. I have always been more of a sherbet/sorbet ice-cream person so this was perfect for me. They also had a vast array of chocolate, caramel and other traditional ice-creams that looked fabulous. They do allow you to try flavors so we also tried the papaya, watermelon and lime. I loved the lime so that will be my next cup, unless they have the raspberry made. I can't wait for it to get a little warmer so Mike and I can walk down there with Mekah and Semper. I think they will like it too!
Piacere! (Enjoy!)
4 comments:
In less than 4 weeks, you can taste the real thing in Sienna again. That will be the best part about being in Italy! Gelato for breakfast, lunch and dinner again.
- Mom
WHAT??? You guys are going to Italy again? SOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS! Just don't kick your suitcase and declare how much you hate the country in the airport or those guards with Uzis just might keep you there this time. ;)
oh... and avoid Naples all together. :)
Hey Lauren!
I just barely read the post you left on my blog--it took me a second to figure out who Lauren Ricci was! Well, it sounds like you guys are doing great! I would love to get together sometime for lunch...give me a call when you have some time! Jen
Post a Comment