Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

The fruits of our (but mostly Mike's) labor


So, after 4 months of dust covering everything we own, tripping over tools in the middle of the night and doing my hair with a handheld mirror, our bathroom is finally finished! I am beyond thrilled to finally enjoy this new addition and spend my nights and weekends experiencing married life, rather than working on home projects for a while.


Mike did a phenomenal job and impressed me so much with his knowledge and attention to detail. I am beyond proud of my handyman hubby and am gleaming over his accomplishment. The travertine is his crowning glory as he spent a good part of two months meticulously working on it. It truly is his baby.



While it took a while, the end result is completely worth it. We love it and the experience taught us so much. It is still in need of a few decorative touches but for the most part we can fully enjoy our brand new bathroom. Now if only I could talk him into changing the door. :)


12 comments:

Matt said...

Oh dear. If Malerie sees this she'll start nagging on me again to get us a real bathroom instead of that rickety wooden shed with a crescent moon on the door.

Seriously thought, that looks so nice. You and Mike did a really nice job with it.

Paul said...

That looks fantastic. We watch too much HGTV in this family, and your bathroom is an amazing 'after', do you have any 'before' shots?

Lovin_R_Babies said...

Wow Lauren, it looks amazing! I need your decorative nack for my house when we move in a few weeks. I love it!

kiger0183 said...

Nice job Mike! Now you can come do my bathroom! HGTV for life!

Anonymous said...

It's nice how your blog matches your bathroom...

P.S. The bathroom looks even better in real life. Mike did a great job and Lauren finally picked the right paint color.

--Mekah & Semper's Grandma

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks really nice! I'm sure hanging that tile on the wall must have been a real PITA - how many times did it fall off? :)

hannie bailey said...

I love it you guys! It was worth all the blood, sweat, and tears! It is so beautiful!! Way to go!

Rachel said...

It looks great you guys! COngrats on finally finishing!

melis said...

YEA! I love it! Congrats! When I save all my pennies and buy my 1200 square foot, 1970's fixer-upper for 1.4 million I will fly Mike out here to help me!!!! You looked GORGEOUS mon your wedding day! I miss you and am glad to see you are doing well!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXXO

Lori said...

hey - add us to your blog list :) The bathroom is beautiful and done... just in time for you to move out, right??? Isn't that the way it works.

Malerie said...

Holy Cow! I absolutely love it! It looks great. I love those sinks. Let me know how you like it. Someday we will get to remodel a house. We'll have to pay you guys to come do it :)

Ashley and Paul said...

Mike should get a job on HDTV