Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An Update!

We are still here and doing well, just super busy! The house has been up for sell for about three weeks and we have been lucky enough to have a showing almost every other day since it was listed; which has been both awesome and stressful all at the same time. I am thrilled that people are coming and looking (because we can’t sell unless people see it) but I wish we would get an offer soon! I know, I know, patience is a virtue. I think when you finally take that step and list a house, one foot automatically goes out the door and unfortunately for us, it seems like two. This could be due to the fact that we have been house hunting like crazy and have found a neighborhood in Murray that we absolutely love, which has 4 vacant homes in it. We have been submitting offers left and right to the builder but they are all short sales and so with trying to get a good deal comes a lot of frustration, some let-downs and lots of unreturned phone calls. Our realtor Steve has been great though and has been doing all he can to make this process as painless as possible. If you are in need of a realtor, I highly recommend him, he has been awesome! We will keep you updated if we buy or sale soon. Please cross your fingers for us!

As for the rest of life, it seems to be flying right on by. I can’t believe it was 90 degrees yesterday, summer is approaching fast! Mike returned home safely from Brazil on Saturday and although he didn’t get to enjoy much of the country, he had a very productive trip and is looking forward to someday going back to actually explore South America. The day before his departure, we ran the Race for the Cure, which was just what I needed. I always enjoy running 5K’s with my mom because it gives us some time to catch up and then we always race at the end. This time there were far too many people to really push it and the end so my mom, my brother and I all crossed the finish line together. It was a great way to spend Mother’s Day with the most amazing, talented, beautiful, funny, smart, inspiring mom I know. Love you Mom!

On a very sad note, Mike’s Grandma Gilda Ricci died the day before Mother’s Day, and Mike was unable to attend the funeral due to his travel plans. He has a lot of great memories of her and we were able to spend some time with his Dad eating pepper biscuits (one of her signature recipes) before Mike had to leave, which was very comforting. Thanks for the great idea Robert and Doni. The Ricci family sure is going to miss her!

Other than the loss of Grandma Ricci, everything else in our lives has been going quite well. We are both ecstatic spring is finally here and are celebrating with wine nights on our front porch, barbecues and hopefully some more spring-time hikes with the dogs. I took Mekah and Semper on a hike up in the hills near Herriman with my parents Saturday and they had an absolute ball. Mekah even plopped her little body down in the stream, which I have never seen her do. It was quite cute and a fun way to spend a Saturday morning and I am looking forward to getting outdoors more this year. We are off to Moab this weekend with Seth and Jess, so I guess we will start there!

Finally, I will be becoming an auntie very soon! Aubree’s due date is in 3 weeks and I can’t wait for little Kyler Jacob to get here! I already love this little one so much and can’t quit spoiling him! It seems like the time has just flown by but I know Aubree is going to be a fantastic mom and I am beyond excited for her to finally have her little boo-boo here.

Overall, life is good and we are just enjoying the journey! Hope life is good for y’all too!

Ciao!

2 comments:

Halaufia's said...

WOW! You are busy! I am glad you both are doing well and have been great other than the passing of "Grandma Ricci."

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you in all your ventures!

Have a great week...Oh and have fun for me in Moab with the ladies....I am jealous! Wish I could be there with you all! Enjoy your wonderful week lady- you deserve it~!

Jen said...

Good luck with the sell/purchase! So stressful! Have fun in Moab!