
As most of you know, my dad died when I was 15 and since that time, I have been affiliated with The Sharing Place. I started out as a family and closed when I was 18, in order to become a volunteer. Well, since becoming a volunteer I have had the honor of accepting checks on The Sharing Place's behalf, speaking in classes, being on their fundraising committee and assisting with the semi-annual volunteer training. Last week I was asked to appear on Good Things Utah with my dear friend Chris Tucker and I proudly accepted. I feel so priveledged to speak on The Sharing Place's behalf and I don't know where I would be without them and their services. I have attached the link below if you want to check out my "TV Debut". I was beyond nervous to do it but am so glad I did.
Thanks to everyone for your wonderful words of encouragement and support! You gave me the strength to do it.
I have also attached The Sharing Place's website in case you or anyone you know ever need their services.
3 comments:
I watched the day you were on and you did terrific!!!
I just watched the video...You did a wonderful job Lauren! I am proud of you standing up in fornt of TV and telling yoru story!
I am glad you posted the link. Carmen saw it that day, but of course I was at work, so yeah! I still got to see you! You rock!
Post a Comment