Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Football Love!

5 Years ago I never would have guessed that I would love football as much as I do. I have always understood it to a point and enjoyed watching a game or two but my love for it really grew when we became members of the Utah Season Ticket Crew last season, ventured down to New Orleans to watch The Utes play in the sugar bowl and experienced the udder rush of them defeating the Crimson Tide. Since then I have been impatiently waiting for football season to start and am excited it’s finally here. I have spent the past three weekends watching way too much football thanks to The RedZone and have noticed way too many conversations turning to football stats and what happened during the weekend game. To top it off, the Utah season is finally really beginning and I will be spending many of the coming Saturdays routing on the Utah Utes. So since football is my newest passion, I decided I would share my thoughts and teams with whoever cares to know! Here it goes...

I prefer college football because it’s much more entertaining to watch and I love that every game actually means something. I think Sam Bradford is kind of a baby and am sick of hearing the announcers say that BYU won solely because Sam Bradford was injured. BYU is great this year and as much as I hate to say it, they are doing better than Utah. Utah tends to stoop down to the level of the opposing team and games they should have easily won have been nail-biters. I still love the Utes though and hope they continue to have a good season. Either way, I just hope TCU, BYU or Utah makes it to a big bowl game to show that the Mountain West is just as good as the Pac 10 or any other big school out there.

For out of state teams, I route for Oklahoma State University because I know #72, Andrew Mitchell and want to see him do well. I will also route for Texas for Ashley and the Tide because I thought they were very gracious and I liked their fans. I also like Florida because of Urban Meyer and like to see them do well. It’s going to be interesting to see if the Tide stays on top this year. My other fave team is Florida State but it’s a bit vain because I just think their quarterback Christian Ponder is super hot. Plus, he is articulate, intelligent AND we share a birthday! Who cares if he is 3 years younger?!? Here is a pic for you all to drool over…


As for the NFL, my teams are The Redskins, The Colts and my fave are the Saints. I am really hoping to see The Saints in the Superbowl this year because I really think they deserve it, especially after that game with The Giants last weekend. I just appreciate what good sports they are, the talent and character both Reggie Bush and Drew Brees possess and I like seeing the spirit of New Orleans as they play. Plus, I really like how much the Saints, as a team, have done to rebuild the city and anyone who helps New Orleans gets a gold star in my book.

So, that is my football rave. I will leave you with GO UTES and GO SAINTS!!! Can’t wait to FINALLY go to a game tomorrow!

3 comments:

Annie Van Komen Albrecht said...

Go Utes!! I have loved football and football players for years :). It takes so much dedication to be good at that sport. Good luck tomorrow morning and I will see you in the afternoon.

Casey, Annie, Brooklyn, Paige and Casey 5 said...

Your football knowledge is seriously impressive!

I AM A DREAMER said...

Awesome! I wish I could get tickets to all the games...Have fun! Go Utes!