
I just wanted to take a moment to post how amazing I think Sigma Chi is and how blessed I feel to be a part of such a remarkable organization. I have the honor of knowing some amazing people through it and I feel like it is an absolute essential part of our lives. I honestly feel like these guys are my best friends, as well as Mike's, and know whole-heartedly that if anything ever happened to Mike or I, they would be there for us in a heartbeat. They also make life so fun and some of my best memories and experiences have been with the Sigs. I can think of little that is better than hanging at The Sig house, The White Owl, Homecoming, Alumni Banquet, football games or one of the many Sig's houses and just telling stories, laughing, joking around and being together. I love walking into a place and getting a huge hug from everyone because we are like family and we always greet each other like we haven't seen each other in a million years. I just feel content with life when around the Sigs. It's rare to find that and I cherish every moment of my time with them.
The friendships don't stop with the brothers though. Through Sigma Chi I have met some of the most incredible girlfriends and I truly count them among my best friends. Being part of the EX wife club is the one of the best things in my life and I am still in disbelief about how wonderful my friends are. I just feel so lucky and can't wait to see where life takes each of us, to watch our friendships grow, to meet new wives, and welcome new babies into the Sigma Chi family.
So I know many people think of fraternities as just non-stop partying and hooking up but it really is so much more than that. The friendships that are built during those years are truly lifelong and I am so glad that Mike is a Sig. Sigma Chi has enhanced our life so much and we have the best support system in the world. This has been incredibly evident this week as the Sigs and Wives have been a constant support to me during this hard time and I don't know if I could have gotten through this without each and every one of you. Guess I just wanted to say thanks and let all you EX's and EX wives know how much I love you and appreciate your presence in my life. You really have no idea how much your friendship means to me.
"Don't thank us. Thank Jesus for inventing Sigma Chi. Many people don't know this, but he was actually the first Sigma Chi. Weird huh?" -Shawn Coon
3 comments:
I feel the same way! The Sigs and EX Wives are the best!
I feel very lucky to have such great girlfriends that stemmed from Sigma Chi. Could you even imagine if we all hated each other - man oh man the drama :) I love all the EX's to. They have worked on our house, helped us move, ans brought my brand new baby gifts. They are a really great group of men. Also I know if I ever get arrested there are a few guys from the house that I have bailed out of jail so they owe me.
So true! I don't have it through a fraternity, but through Kappa I feel the same way. It is truly a blessing to be a part of such an amazing organization. :)
Post a Comment