"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it."
After my somber post about my job loss, I began processing what an amazing chance this change really is and was feeling really good about the transition. Then some interesting events took place...
First off, I want to thank everyone for your complete support and comfort during this hard time for me. I have been amazed at the friends I have and the kind words each and every one of you have said.
I have become so comfortable at my job and while it has been good to me and has allowed me to be successful, my heart has never fully been here. All I can ever remember saying since I was 13 is that I want to be a wife, a mom and volunteer. A few days after I found out that it was a possibility I may lose my job, I wandered into Sharing Place for my Wednesday volunteer group. Well, when there are 5 Wednesdays in a month, we skip the fifth one because it becomes too confusing for the families and throws off the next month. Since my mind wasn't fully there that day, I didn't realize there was no group until I walked inside and crashed a team meeting.
Now normally I would have just said hi and left but Stephanie, the director, invited me to indulge in some wine and dinner and asked if I would like to stay for the team meeting. I felt this pull to stay there and since I am really good friends with most of the TSP staff and Mike was working late, I decided I would join them. Little did I know what doors this team meeting would actually open. After all business was attended to, the girl who has done the Family Interviews for the past 6 years anounced she no longer could continue doing them. As soon as she said that, all eyes turned to me and I realized why I was asked to stay. I have been interested in doing intakes for a long time because I believe it's truly a gift to be the first person who doesn't flinch when being told of a families grief and to have the honor of helping them start their healing.
Well, about a week after I attended the Team Meeting, I accepted the position of Family Interviewer and am officially a member of The Sharing Place staff. I couldn't be more thrilled! It's amazing how timing works and how everything fell into place the way it did. I really believe that someone was pushing me to be there that day and helped me attain such a wonderful position. I start shadowing today and officially begin the middle of November. I am beyond blessed and honored to have the opportunity to do such important and life-changing work and I can't wait to begin on this new journey. My heart feels full of passion and as I think about all the people whose lives The Sharing Place will change, I can't help but well up with tears.
Then, as life would have it, I was offered my position at Wasatch Preferred back after some interesting events transpired. I decided to accept it as well so I went from being unemployed to having two jobs all in one week! I took my position at Wasatch Preferred back on a part time basis to accomodate The Sharing Place and feel being able to work at both places is a great compromise. I get to continue with my career but I also get to work somewhere and do something that fulfills my life and warms my heart. I am beyond blessed to be in this position and feel great about where mine and Mike's life is headed. Again, thank you all for being a part of my journey and for standing behind me every step of the way. I couldn't ask for anything more!
6 comments:
Congrats to you! Yes, life does have a funny way of working itself out. Glad you've found a way to give more of your time into your passion of helping people; you possess a true gift for that.
Wow that is so awesome!! I'm glad that everything has worked out better than perfect. Hooray!
There is your testimony that things happen for a reason. I am SO happy for you and all of the great things that you are a part of. Life sounds wonderful! You are an amazing woman and will touch so many people's lives with your new position! Congrats!
I LOVE THAT QUOTE TOO!! ONE OF MY NEW FAVORITES NOW!
So happy for you! Good things happen to good people--you deserve it!
AWESOME! Nice post on the eternal bonds of Sigma Chi too. Cheers to you!
Post a Comment