Blogstalking and Comments Welcome! In fact, we love them!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Seeg Family Reunion 2009!


I have been really blessed to be a Seegmiller and am so grateful that even with 70 people and counting, we are all able to stay in touch. I know so many people who barely know their cousins names because they don’t get the opportunity to spend much time with them but I have had the privilege of getting to see them on a pretty regular basis, keep up with them all thanks to technology and have had the honor of being there to welcome new babies, celebrate marriages and be a part of their lives. I love that every year since I can remember we have spent Thanksgiving down in St. George with at least 40 Seeg’s; that whenever there is a major event in any of our lives, you can expect to see almost everyone there supporting you and that every 2 years on Labor Day we all get together for a 3 day family reunion.

For the past 20 plus years, the siblings have planned the family reunion but a few years ago, they decided the kids were old enough to plan it, so families started taking turns. This year it was my family’s turn to plan it, which really meant it was mine and Mike’s turn (along with a lot of help from Rod and my mom). Since our family has gotten so large, it’s been a bit of a challenge finding a house that will sleep all of us, but I was determined to find a place. I ended up finding an amazing lodge in the middle of nowhere, Altamont, UT. Although Altamont isn’t the most desirable place in the world, the lodge MORE than made up for it. It was ginormous, had a bed for everyone, was equipped with a pool, a hot-tub, a huge grassy area, a rock-climbing wall, a basketball court, a game room, a gourmet kitchen, a huge living area where we could all hang out, two ponds, boats and pretty much anything else you could need or want.

We spent 3 wonderful days catching up, eating tons of wonderful food, swimming, playing rock band, geo-cashing, rock climbing, sleeping, playing games, watching a great BYU game, laughing and just being together as a family. Only about 8 people were unable to come due to illness and missions so we had a full house! We missed the ones who were not there but were thrilled so many were able to be there to make this reunion one of the best yet. Even my 94 year old Grandpa made the trek from St. George and it was great to see him in such good spirits. Can’t wait to see everyone for Turkey Day and for the Batt family reunion in 2011!

The line of Seegs!


Canoeing with Jonas and Mesa.

Rhett the Rock-climber!

During the BYU game!
Batt Rockband! Mmm... Food!Grandpa and Matt from Mexico!Hair train.Sariah and Mesa
Cody on a computer? SHOCKING! :)During the Geo-cashingLittle Known Facts...Uncle Dee cooking up some ribs!The LovebirdsThe RiccisKortniMike playing Cub in the semi-finals. An 8-month Pregnant Lindsey beat him though!
Gymnastics time!
Justin, Sariah, Suki and DonnieNate and I

My mom and Rod. Thanks for all your help!


Mah Be and I

Although the reunion was awesome, it didn't help my baby hunger one bit! There are SO many cute babies in the Seegmiller family and more coming! I was realllllllly spoiled with lots of baby time and you rarely saw me that weekend without a child. It just made me realize how much I can't wait to be a mom. I mean just look at these kids, and that's only half of them! Thanks for letting me steal your kids everyone!

Lizzie and MesaRemingtonMesa and IJonas, Cairo and MesaPizza time!Hot-tubbing!Lizzie is so cute!Me and mah lil buddy Mesa!Cohen had so much fun swimming!Smiley PiperBridger and I, the youngest Seeg until last week. Look at that hat!Lizzie wanted to go swimming SO bad!Our little bookworm JonasMesa, Bekah and EmilyRootbeer is GOOD!


Thanks Grandpa for making ALL of these memories possible. We love you!


5 comments:

I AM A DREAMER said...

That looks like such a blast. Awesome job on finding the mansion to use. :) WOW!

hannie bailey said...

Good job on planning! That lodge looks awesome! Ryan knows Altamont! He fly fishes there! I have actually been there with him a couple times and it really is beautiful, although remote is TRUE!! Can't wait to hear more! Love ya!

Lori said...

so fun. i'm glad we all like each other, too. I think we need to collect these pictures and make a book via "my publisher". I'd totally be willing to compile it and then take orders. I still want to do one from the Bear Lake reunion, too. What do you think? Wanna collaborate?

Jenny B said...

Great post! We do have an awesome family!

Casey, Annie, Brooklyn, Paige and Casey 5 said...

That lodge is a great find-how fun!